Dreadnaught (1981)

Omni Dragon

Thank you I look forward to hearing back from you...

Thank you Petie & you're welcome.

Another great review James, it slowed down a little towards the end,

but still
, I really enjoyed it. I shared it as well on my FB wall. Let other fans of the genre check it out as well.

Keep the vids coming Brother James!

Thank you Ray, I guess it slows down because I've got the main film plot out of the way then I suddenly remember there's a sub plot....Thanks for the promotion on FB I've commented over there as well...

Thank you Ray, I guess it slows down because I've got the main film plot out of the way then I suddenly remember there's a sub plot....Thanks for the promotion on FB I've commented over there as well...

You're Welcome Brother. Keep em coming!

Great review!! I love the film though I thought there could be a little more of kung fu and the lion dance scene is little bit too long for me but otherwise Dreadnought is one of my top favorite old school films and to me this is the best old school film from Yuen clan. I like it better than Buddhist Fist or any of the "Drunkard" films.

Son Of A Gun

Please can anybody tell me how the english dubbed export cut of "Dreadnaught" differs

from the HK cut, please?

Like which scenes or shots are missing etc....

This may be hard to describe, so maybe you need to do some screen shots to accompany?

It's so I can make the custom export cut dvd. I'm not familiar with the export cut at all. :/

Anything you can remember will be appreciated.

Son Of A Gun

Interesting. So it might not be cut then? Not drastically anyway. If this is true, it'll make for a better custom dvd, because I can have both english and cantonese on the dvd. :smile: Great. :D

I didn't want to revert to a newer english dub for the missing scenes, as I've done on previous custom jobs.

I'm gonna assume it's not drastically different from the HK version then, and go ahead and make a full length cut.

Oh, is it right, the french dvd has an uncut Insect murder scene where as HKL has cut it? I didn't notice the difference myself.

That's right, pulling heads off grasshoppers is murder. :wink:

Guest Markgway
Oh, is it right, the french dvd has an uncut Insect murder scene where as HKL has cut it? I didn't notice the difference myself.

That's right, pulling heads off grasshoppers is murder. :wink:

That's not what the BBFC cut: They removed 0:04 of Yuen Shun-Yi pulling off a chicken's head (a horrible scene the film is better without).

Son Of A Gun

I expect it was on the lunch menu that day and most other days on those movie sets.

The director probably said -

"Hey, since you're gonna kill it, let's get it on camera." "Wei! Can someone work a chicken decapitation scene into the script?! Quickly, I'm ready to shoot!"

:wink:

Killer Meteor
I expect it was on the lunch menu that day and most other days on those movie sets.

The director probably said -

"Hey, since you're gonna kill it, let's get it on camera." "Wei! Can someone work a chicken decapitation scene into the script?! Quickly, I'm ready to shoot!"

:wink:

Sam Peckinpah was able to get away with killing chickens on camera provided he ate them afterwards!

Tigerstyles
you think they ATE them after they have been blown to a thousand pieces as seen in the movie? :tongue:

did they eat those chicks in Outlaw Brothers? don't think so

Guest Markgway

Unrelated Dreadnaught question:

What is the correct name of the character played by Danny Chow Yun-Kin (the opera actor)?

Subs say 'Koon' but I thought it was 'Kwan'.

What do the Chinese subs say?

Unrelated Dreadnaught question:

What is the correct name of the character played by Danny Chow Yun-Kin (the opera actor)?

Subs say 'Koon' but I thought it was 'Kwan'.

What do the Chinese subs say?

HKMDB English page says 'Koon' (I know it's not necessarily the same as the Chinese subs). Might be possible that it's the character '觀' which in Mandarin can be read as 'Kuan' but in Cantonese it's 'Koon'.

Watching Dreadnaught today and noticed an Enter the Dragon (Hans' Island) flag blowing in the background, during the dragon dance.

Not as bad as scenes from The Tournament being filmed in Bruce Lee's house, shortly after his death, but was still weird.

• Like 1