Help ID a movie? 301/302 (1995)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

My co-worker approached me today because (who knows how!) I have a reputation of being the Asian movie fan of the office. She'd been trying to track down the name of an Asian movie she saw a few years ago, and I felt confident I'd be able to help....but, alas, I had no idea what she could be talking about!

I thought I'd put it out there to you guys -

What she remembers - She's confident that the name of the movie was just a series of numbers, and that it was quite 'art house'.

For the plot, it sounds like a horror movie, but it definitely wasn't (despite what you're about to read!) -

One character is a chef who suffers from depression and lives in an apartment alone, in the apartment opposite him lives a woman. These characters and their apartments are where most of the events unfold. Unfortunately my co-worker couldn't remember exactly why, but at some point during the movie the woman kills the man, not out of hatred but out of compassion to put an end to his depression.

The woman then cooks his body, and serves it to some other characters (she couldn't remember if they were anyone significant).

This was all I was able to get, and my reaction of "Ummmmm..." wasn't particularly helpful, so if anyone has a clue as to what this could be, let me know!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds similar to the Korean film '301/302'. About two neighbours, one is a chef if I recall. However, they are both women in this movie.

One Armed Boxer
2046 ?

I've not seen it but maybe the rest is Dumplings ?

Thanks for your suggestions Jackiechanfan, definitely not these 2 though, I actually have both of these on DVD!

Sounds similar to the Korean film '301/302'. About two neighbours, one is a chef if I recall. However, they are both women in this movie.

Bingo, that's it! Gotta love this forum, answered 40 minutes after posting! Thanks QueMuchita!

Archived