Judge Dredd

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

file_167869_0_dreddnewimage.jpg

This movie was actually amazing in its purity at depicting the brutality of its story line.

It can't look more real than the way the bodies hit the floor as Judge Dredd and his lovely female apprentice took out the bad guys and gals.

And YES it most certainly reminded me of The Raid Redemption.

I like this movie better than The Raid.

I was really surprised how very quickly I became riveted to this movie.

I give this a solid 5 ***** rating.

If you liked The Raid this will be for you.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it does not have much feeling of the comic I think.Black humour is away, and building does not give feeling about megacity. And it`s not as good as "the raid"( I viewed it 2nd time recently and liked it lot more now, last 25 mins are incredible).

But Dredd is fairly ok, I would not rate it 5 stars but ***1/2 sounds fair. Characters are too shallow but action is good and there is enough of it. Stallones dredd might be little closer to comic but 2012 movie is lot better.

Noelle Shadow Kick

I quite liked this film. Wish it had some more fun one liners, in keeping with the comics.

When he said "Mama? It's judgement time" in that badass voice, I just loved it. Would have liked some more of that.

Good film though!

To me, saying this is better than "The Raid" is insane. It's an average action romp at best. Coming out of the cinema, I actually didn't like it much at all but I recently revisited it on Netflix and appreciate it for what it is...a fairly good action film.

The casting is superb but I don't think it's remotely close to deserving the praise it gets.

Noelle Shadow Kick
To me, saying this is better than "The Raid" is insane. It's an average action romp at best. Coming out of the cinema, I actually didn't like it much at all but I recently revisited it on Netflix and appreciate it for what it is...a fairly good action film.

The casting is superb but I don't think it's remotely close to deserving the praise it gets.

Agreed. Decent, enjoyable flick. I think all the hype it got was due to the fact that everyone thought it would be absolute shit and were surprised!

Secret Executioner

Haven't seen that one yet, but I really enjoyed the 1995 movie. :nerd: Should I try and check out the new one or is it something I can pass ? Reviews seem mixed.

Also, as I keep seeing people mentionning The Raid, I guess I have to see this one too... Or not, some will say. :tongue:

Haven't seen that one yet, but I really enjoyed the 1995 movie. :nerd: Should I try and check out the new one or is it something I can pass ? Reviews seem mixed.

Also, as I keep seeing people mentionning The Raid, I guess I have to see this one too... Or not, some will say. :tongue:

i liked it. i think its worth a watch.

The new one is serious, without any of the comedy of the 1st one. I don't think anyone financing it wanted it to be like the the Stallone version. If I recall correctly the Stallone version lost money and didn't do well at the time.

This new one is a smaller budget, true to form version. Or at least that is what they were going for. When it was in the theaters it didn't make a lot of money. At least not enough for them to consider a sequel. That might have changed with the VOD and bluray/DVD sales.

Amazon has the blu-ray for about $10. It is has the blu-ray/3D blu-ray, digital copy and ultraviolet.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Okay I lament that remark.

Although The Raid (is) better I still liked Dredd.

I did not no it was a comic book.

GD Y-Y

Archived