Close Range (2015) - Scott Adkins, Madison Lawlor, Nick Chinlund, Caitlin Keats

AlbertV

Impact Online has announced that Isaac Florentine and Scott Adkins are re-teaming for an upcoming film entitled Close Range.

Plot:

The plot revolves around a man desperately trying to save his family from a drug cartel and corrupt authorities. After rescuing his kidnapped niece from the powerful cartel, Colton MacReady (Adkins) begins a relentless fight to save his family who are now being targetted. The cartel has descended upon his secluded ranch with a thirst for revenge - in tow is a corrupt local sheriff and his crew of deputies, ensuring that help won’t be coming any time soon. What ensues is a non-stop assault on the ranch, a blow-by-blow survival marathon for Colton to protect his loved ones and save his life.

Only Adkins and Florentine are confirmed thus far, but the screenplay was written by SIX BULLETS writer Chad Law and BLOODWORTH writer Shaun Dax Taylor. Still no word on if Ross Clarkson is returning to lens the film or who will be the film's action choreographer.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

One Armed Boxer

While the circumstances around it are different, the setting and situation of the movie sound like a re-make of 'Broken Path / Broken Fist'.

Does this mean that 'Undisputed 4' isn't on the cards anytime soon then?

Speaking of Broken Path, if that movie sees the region 1 light of day within the next five years I'd be a very happy man. To get back on topic, it sounds like Scott is going to have to put on an american accent again. Hopefully he eventually nails it.

I thought Adkins American accent in Ninja 2 was pretty spot on.

It does sound like Broken Path........I hope we get another great fight choreographer for this movie to try and reach the levels of Ninja 2!!

One Armed Boxer
Only Adkins and Florentine are confirmed thus far, but the screenplay was written by SIX BULLETS writer Chad Law and BLOODWORTH writer Shaun Dax Taylor.

Continuing the theme from some other recent threads...can someone ask Florentine to give Gina Carano a call to play one of Adkins family members?

Big news....The Action Elite got word that shooting for CLOSE RANGE begins on December 1. They delayed the film due to Scott Adkins' busy schedule, but it has been confirmed this will be his next film.

gwailosforever

This is the first film of Isaac's in a long time that cinematographer Ross Clarkson isn't involved with. His replacement Tal Lazar is most intriguing. He shot Johnny and Charlie Nguyen's recently banned 'Bui Doi Cho Lon' (Chinatown).

1496661_775350145889003_923862933117662334_n.jpg

b9pw1sdwyYs

• Like 1

That long take has me even more excited for this movie!! Adkins and Florentine are amazing together and I will never tire of their movies.

I'm glad they have tried to include more long takes into their movies.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Another Scott Adkins film which is supposed to be due for a Fall 2015 release (no official date yet). This is the newest trailer.

He's also got another film that's due out this year called Re:Kill. It looks like a zombie themed action film set in the future. It's about time Hollywood took more notice of this guy.

• Like 1

It's about time Hollywood took more notice of this guy.

Agreed. I'd love to see him team up with some good directors and be allowed to stretch his action chops even more.

• Like 1

Agreed. I'd love to see him team up with some good directors and be allowed to stretch his action chops even more.

It would be good to see him go the same route as Jason Statham, who has now established himself as an action star in Hollywood. Adkins is much more talented than Statham in terms of Martial Arts skills too. It would be nice to see him get some work in bigger budget films. I enjoy watching Adkins films and I'm not knocking his career when I say that.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
He's also got another film that's due out this year called Re:Kill. It looks like a zombie themed action film set in the future. It's about time Hollywood took more notice of this guy.

Yeah, Re-Kill was shelved for a few years for whatever reason. I think the fact that it's finally being released is due to his rising popularity. I don't think he really does a whole lot of MA in it though I remember him throwing a kick in one trailer for it. I think this meant to be more of a straight up horror film. I'm cool with that.

It would be good to see him go the same route as Jason Statham, who has now established himself as an action star in Hollywood. Adkins is much more talented than Statham in terms of Martial Arts skills too. It would be nice to see him get some work in bigger budget films. I enjoy watching Adkins films and I'm not knocking his career when I say that.

I'm torn about that. I want his career to take off, and think he certainly deserves the recognition. He's a good actor, and I think he could carry larger, dramatic roles, and certainly a big budget action flick. However, I fear that if that were to happen, he'd get away from doing MA films or that the MA would only be a side note in the film instead of the core attraction. Statham really broke out with The Transporter but hardly any of his films hold that level of choreography anymore.

• Like 1

It's been a while since the original teaser but and I was hoping to get news on this!! The film looks to mix martial arts and gun play very well and uses more of Adkins judo background with some nice throws.

Can't wait for the release date. Day one purchase for sure.

• Like 1

Re-kill. Yeah. I had preordered it like 2 years ago on Amazon but it lingered and the order was canceled. Glad it's finally coming out. From I guess screenings it had decent reviews

Yeah, Re-Kill was shelved for a few years for whatever reason. I think the fact that it's finally being released is due to his rising popularity. I don't think he really does a whole lot of MA in it though I remember him throwing a kick in one trailer for it. I think this meant to be more of a straight up horror film. I'm cool with that.

I'm torn about that. I want his career to take off, and think he certainly deserves the recognition. He's a good actor, and I think he could carry larger, dramatic roles, and certainly a big budget action flick. However, I fear that if that were to happen, he'd get away from doing MA films or that the MA would only be a side note in the film instead of the core attraction. Statham really broke out with The Transporter but hardly any of his films hold that level of choreography anymore.

I didn't know about the film being held back. Van Damme's Eagle Path seemed to be in limbo for years before we got to see a decent trailer. Talking of Van Damme he's used Adkins a lot and I wonder if he helped Adkins to get him a part in the Expendables sequel?.

Yeah I hear you in regards of getting a career in Hollywood. Look at what happened to Jackie Chan. Every time he made a film in the states the standards of his fight choreography seemed to change. I don't think they allow them the same amount of freedom.

Re-Kill trailer-

Close Range will be out in a limited theatrical release and on Video on Demand on December 4. That means Scott will have two of his films released in the same week as Zero Tolerance will be on DVD on December 1.

• Like 2