Shaw bros sale at ddd.house.com

wongfeihung62

Sounds like a lot of Western horror franchises - you know, like Friday the 13th, Nightmare On Elm Street...

Not really. Imagine The Man With Two Brains being retitled A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 and you'll get the idea.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to take advantage, but I'm not as well-educated as you guys when it comes to Shaw Brothers stuff. I know I wanna get Dirty Ho and Two Champions of Shaolin. I love the Venoms - Crippled Avengers is in my top 10-15, as far as kung fu movies go. And I always love seeing the late, great Lau Sifu let loose, whether it's behind the camera or in front of it (8 Diagram and Shaolin Challenges Ninja being standouts for me).

Anybody wanna help a brutha pick out 3 or 4 fu-heavy flicks?

I want to take advantage, but I'm not as well-educated as you guys when it comes to Shaw Brothers stuff. I know I wanna get Dirty Ho and Two Champions of Shaolin. I love the Venoms - Crippled Avengers is in my top 10-15, as far as kung fu movies go. And I always love seeing the late, great Lau Sifu let loose, whether it's behind the camera or in front of it (8 Diagram and Shaolin Challenges Ninja being standouts for me).

Anybody wanna help a brutha pick out 3 or 4 fu-heavy flicks?

"Monkey Kung Fu" has a fight about every six seconds and some fantastic choreography. I greatly recommend that one.

If you love the Venoms, "Masked Avengers" is a must by too. Finally, "Shaolin Temple" recently blew my socks off so I have to recommend that one as well.

"Monkey Kung Fu" has a fight about every six seconds and some fantastic choreography. I greatly recommend that one.

If you love the Venoms, "Masked Avengers" is a must by too. Finally, "Shaolin Temple" recently blew my socks off so I have to recommend that one as well.

Crap, I probably should have listed what I already own. I was disappointed with Monkey Kung Fu, but Masked Avengers was fantastic. I was leaning towards Shaolin Temple, so now I'll add it to the list. Big thanks, man. It sounds awesome.

Let's see, I've got:

Crippled Avengers

The Daredevils

The Magnificent Ruffians

(I've got all of the obvious Venom Mob stuff, I think)

Shaolin Challenges Ninja

Shaolin Mantis

Monkey Kung Fu AND Mad Monkey Kung Fu

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

My Young Auntie (too slow for my taste, but the finale was excellent)

Martial Club (another great finale)

36th Chamber

One-Armed Swordsman

Secret Executioner

In case you don't have it, Invincible Shaolin is a must-have IMO. It has many different styles, some nice choreography and the training sequences while taking a big part of the film don't drag - they're actually enjoyable.

Crap, I probably should have listed what I already own. I was disappointed with Monkey Kung Fu, but Masked Avengers was fantastic. I was leaning towards Shaolin Temple, so now I'll add it to the list. Big thanks, man. It sounds awesome.

Let's see, I've got:

Crippled Avengers

The Daredevils

The Magnificent Ruffians

(I've got all of the obvious Venom Mob stuff, I think)

Shaolin Challenges Ninja

Shaolin Mantis

Monkey Kung Fu AND Mad Monkey Kung Fu

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

My Young Auntie (too slow for my taste, but the finale was excellent)

Martial Club (another great finale)

36th Chamber

One-Armed Swordsman

Deadly Breaking Sword

A Deadly Secret

Dirty Ho

Heroes of the East

Invincible SHaolin

Kid with a Tattoo

Legend of the Fox

Marco Polo

Men from the Monastery

I ended up filling in some gaps in my collection with the following:

Angry Guest

Brave Archer III

Clan Of Amazons

Descendant Of The Sun

Heaven Sword And Dragon Sabre II

Monkey Kung Fu (aka Stroke of Death)

Sentimental Swordsman

Wandering Swordsman

Are these the venoms movies that weren't released in the US?

Masked Avengers, Magnificent Ruffians, Rebel Intruders, Legend of the Fox, Sword Stained with Royal Blood, Ode to Gallantry

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a few

Lots of new titles added to their sale.

Lol... Oh great they added more??? Guess its another order then, saw a few that they added from my wishlist.

I'm still waiting for my first order to be shipped that was placed about two weeks ago when the sale started. Anyone else having that problem?

I know it's normal with most of the Asian DVD stores, but it's very annoying that they don't actually stock anything. :squigglemouth:

I don't think they are scammers at all. I've used them before as well. My order finally shipped, but somehow some of them are already out-of-stock and were not shipped (even though the order was placed before the holiday). Not sure how that happens when the sale had just started.

I'm still waiting for my first order to be shipped that was placed about two weeks ago when the sale started. Anyone else having that problem?

I know it's normal with most of the Asian DVD stores, but it's very annoying that they don't actually stock anything. :squigglemouth:

I received my first order just fine. I placed a second yesterday and received an email today to say it has been shipped.

You may want to contact them just to double check on the progress of your order as, usually, they're a very good site to order from.

I placed 2 separate orders; one on the first and the other on the 4th. They just shipped out on the 12th. This is the longest that I have ever had to wait when ordering from them; just to ship it out. But, no problems otherwise. Not sure if its just being overwhelmed with orders or Chinese New Year or a combination of both. Not worried though.

I only have a few titles left to get off this list.

Yeah I had a bit of a wait as well, I inquired about it and they said they were waiting on the distributor.

I'm guessing they listed some items in advance. Also wondering who exactly is "distributing" all these Shaws! Lol

I've placed 22 orders over the past year and they've all taken a week or more to ship. I do tend to order about 7 or 8 discs, so I assume quantity affects shipping time.

Juuust realized, like an idiot, that I got Monkey Kung Fu and Mad Monkey Kung Fu confused. Mad Monkey Kung Fu was disappointing; Monkey Kung Fu was brilliant.

Archived