Big Bad Wolves (2014)

Gwai LO

this looks awesome! anyone seen this or heard of it? first Israeli movie i have ever seen that has looked somewhat good

GsfzhiW5l8c

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I saw it last year, put it on my best of 2013 list. Very well executed, great acting with well written dialouge and I love the language being spoken, and what is it again? Israeli? What is the official language spoken in Israel?

sifu iron perm
I saw it last year, put it on my best of 2013 list. Very well executed, great acting with well written dialouge and I love the language being spoken, and what is it again? Israeli? What is the official language spoken in Israel?

hebrew?:bigsmile:

• Administrator

"The vast majority of the population speaks Hebrew, so that is their official language, of course. However, Israel has another official language, which is Arabic.

Aramaic is still taught within Israel, but only for religious purposes. I've read of a few Christians communities teaching it to their children for generations, and Aramaic is sometimes the language we Jews pray in. However, it is a dead language, like Latin, so you are not likely to find anyone easily in Israel who can speak it.

Yiddish is still spoken among Ultra-religious Ashkenazi Jews; however, they know Hebrew as well, or should, and Yiddish is usually isolated in neighborhoods of Israel like Mea Shearim or Bnei Barak. It still holds some appeal, as a few words in Hebrew do derive from the Yiddish, and of course Israelis find it fascinating how it has affected the culture of the US.

Ladino is not as spoken as Yiddish, but there are still communities that speak it.

Other languages you might be likely to encounter are English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Tagalog, or Amharic. Most Israelis learn some English, as no one else outside of Israel speaks Hebrew in any significant numbers, and there are a few who are from or have spent time in an Anglophone nation. Spanish and French speaking immigrants to Israel is also on the rise, and many Israelis have also traveled to Spanish speaking or Francophone countries as well. German isn't as popular, but quite a few learn it and Israel actually maintains really good ties with Germany. When the Soviet Union fell, many went to Israel asap and of course they brought their language. They learned Hebrew, for the most part, very quickly, too. Tagalog, or Filipino, is heard more often than one might think because Filipinos make up the largest group of out of country workers in Israel, working mainly in elderly care. And, Amharic is the traditional language of Ethiopia, brought when so many African (yes, I do mean black) Jews left Ethiopia for a better life in their Holy Land. -Dean"

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100619030335AAjkWgZ

Is this movie considered action? Horror? Thriller.. Just wanna know what to look forward to.. I was looking up martial arts movies and this showed up but it doesn't seem like a martial arts movie

OpiumKungFuCracker
Is this movie considered action? Horror? Thriller.. Just wanna know what to look forward to.. I was looking up martial arts movies and this showed up but it doesn't seem like a martial arts movie

It's more like a procedural/crime/serial Killer drama like Zodiac or Se7en. KungfuBob, thanks again informing me and dropping the knowledge on your heritage. תודה

Archived