A surprise found in the Chinese section at the library.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

My local library has an international DVD section. Many Japanese early samurai movies to be found.

But a new trend seems to be in sway.

Yesterday I found Jet Li's Dragon Gate Inn in the Chinese section, Although I have seen this i still checked it out..

This morning I was very surprised to see Donnie Yen's 'Dragon' or 'Wu Xia' in the same section.

Hope this trend continues.

I am most pleased because I have NOT seen Wu Xia.

GD Y-Y

:wink:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The foreign section at the library where my gf works is pretty sizable as well, especially when it comes to Criterion and Well Go releases. I really need to take advantage of it :tongue:

The library I work in has quite a selection of Hong Kong DVDs...we have Region 3 Shaw Brothers DVDs, Region 3 Cathay film titles, some of the Mega Star DVDs and Universe DVDs of Jackie Chan's films, We have the Mega Star DVDs of the first 3 Once Upon a Time in China films, most of Wong Kar-Wai's films, a bunch of Chow Yun-Fat and Andy Lau titles, John Woo, Johnnie To, and others. We do lack the newer titles though except for Jet Li's Ocean Heaven. We also have the Criterion Collection's AK100 set (25 films directed by Kurosawa); and Criterion Japanese and modern day Korean films as well.

Archived