Can someone please identify this movie?

mechanicalhorizon

mechanicalhorizon

Hi everyone,

I've been trying for ages to figure out the name of a kung-fu movie I saw back in the 80's.

Many people keep telling me it's the Five Deadly Venoms, but I've seem that film and am sure it's not the one.

It played on Saturday afternoon during Kung-Fu Theater, after the cartoons were done. I lived in Baltimore, MD at the time, I think it played on channel 45.

What I can remember about the movie, I think there was a master training a student, maybe to avenge himself against one of his earlier students who had gone evil.

The most striking thing, or gimmick, I remember about the film is that one of the fighters had a "snake style" martial art that involved using a rubber hose filled with venom hidden in his shirt sleeves. He would pull both ends of the tube so the venom would shoot out at his opponents face, blinding them.

I also think the film ended with the student and master wrapping a rope around the evil students neck, and pulling the rope tight to immobilize him, then they both did a flying kick to his head, obviously killing him, but they didn't actually show them crushing the head.

That's about all I can remember. Can anyone help me figure out what movie this is? I'd like to try and track down a copy of it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

The only thing I can think of that comes anywhere close to that description is Challenge of Death. The villain uses the so called spider style and shoots ropes out of his sleeves like a spider shoots webbing.

Archived