Django Lives (2016) - Nero is Back!

AlbertV

Twitch has learned that Franco Nero is returning 45 years later in his signature role in an official Django sequel! Joe D'Augustine, part of Quentin Tarentino's editing team, is going to direct the film.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A screenwriter has been hired and it is John Sayles, who wrote and directed one of my favorite 80's movies, Eight Men Out, about the 1919 Black Sox scandal. Franco Nero has been confirmed to be returning to the role he started 50 years ago! However, there is still a search for a director as the originally announced Joe D'Augustine opted not to helm the film.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Nero discussed this sometime during or after filming Django Unchained. Nice to hear some movement on it. Should be interesting. I understand why the time frame has to be bumped...

The first film is awesome. I still remember learning the few Italian phrases I know from watching the original constantly. 

This is great news, didn't Nero return to the role in the 80's too?. I've watched the original more than few times over the last few years.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

This is great news, didn't Nero return to the role in the 80's too?. I've watched the original more than few times over the last few years.

Yes sir, 1987. Django Strikes Back.  There's a more Rambo-esque poster but I'll leave that to the ethers. :tongueout

Yes sir, 1987. Django Strikes Back.  There's a more Rambo-esque poster but I'll leave that to the ethers. :tongueout

Nothing like a nice misleading film poster lol.

Another Nero classic is Keoma, the theme tune stayed in my head for weeks.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

I dig Keoma, but I cannot listen to the soundtrack. Whenever I watch, it is silently. One thing I love about some of Enzo Castellari's work is that he's so visual. And I can still appreciate an excellent movie without sound. 

I dig Keoma, but I cannot listen to the soundtrack. Whenever I watch, it is silently. One thing I love about some of Enzo Castellari's work is that he's so visual. And I can still appreciate an excellent movie without sound. 

My girlfriend finds the soundtrack grating too. By turning off the soundtrack you may spot things visually you normally wouldn't. A lot of the good Italian directors no matter what genre there focusing on are really visual.

Archived