Big Match (2014)

AlbertV

New Korean martial arts action film starring Lee Jung-Jae and Shin Ha-Kyun set for release later this year. Shooting began in December.

Synopsis:

Choi Ik-Ho (Lee Jung-Jae) is a martial arts star with talent for action and humor. But one day, he is framed for murder. Ace (Shin Ha-Kyun) is a game planner, who makes a game for the Korean upper class. He is a villain who makes a city into a big gameboard through technology. Ace and Choi Ik-Ho become adversaries as Choi Ik-Ho jumps into the game to save his brother.

The film co-stars Lee Sung-Min, Kim Ui-Sung, Park Doo-Sik, Son Ho-Jun, Bae Sung-Woo, and in her film debut, K-Pop icon BoA.

Choi Ho is directing the film...loved his film BLOODY TIES, so it will be interesting to see him tackle a full-blooded martial arts action film.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
I liked the look of that! This looks like it could be a really fun movie. Any idea of a release date?

Yes, its domestic theatrical release will be in December.

Looks like a generic story line "a game of death to save your loved one" the same ol B.s we have seen 10000's times. It does have that "eagle eye" kinda twist where he is being told what to do and when to do it, but still nothing new. For what it's worth, looks like the martial arts will be great, and that's all I am hoping for from this one

this bump introduced me to another classic.

there's literally a never ending pool of classic kung fu flix, new and old to dive into and enjoy.

It never gets old

Can someone post a link to where I can buy this movie.. This one is harder to find than most be looked for.. Guess it's the generic title

Blu-ray seems to be on the decline in Korea, hence there isn't one for this particular film.

Archived