New Stunt People Short - Choose Your Own Adventure Ninja (2014)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

The Stunt People have released an innovative new short which throws in the angle of being interactive, allowing you to choose how the fight progresses, the full synopsis is here -

As the player, you take on the role of the Ninja (Eric Jacobus) as he does battle with The Last Samurai from East L.A. (Edwin Villa). You choose the Ninja's next move and try to find the path to victory, with the ability to restart from the beginning at any time. All other paths lead to the death of the Ninja, usually in the form of a stunt or comedic gag. The winning path unlocks the full, uninterrupted fight as well as a video of all the various ways the Ninja can die.

Check it out below -

RTeLE7TGm7g

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Amazing Psycho Per

Reminded me of the old "Chose your own adventure" of my youth. Funny idea.

On a side note, I watched the Stunt People "Groundhog day" type film "Rope-a-dope" that's proposed when you finish the ninja video. Now that one is really good. It actually had me chuckle quite a few time. The actual main fight is also great. Definately worth checking.

One Armed Boxer
On a side note, I watched the Stunt People "Groundhog day" type film "Rope-a-dope" that's proposed when you finish the ninja video. Now that one is really good. It actually had me chuckle quite a few time. The actual main fight is also great. Definately worth checking.

Agreed! Embedded below for anyone who wants to check it out -

G5xAbp1SW5c

Rope-a-dope is a great short film!! I agree One Arm Boxer it made me laugh out load as well. Great fight choreography and another winner from The Stunt People!!

ShaOW!linDude

Rope-A-Dope is ingenious! And it garnered them some attention at the film festivals it was shown at. Between that and the Vader Strikes Go Pro video, you'd think someone would be throwing money at Jacobus and Co. to back one of their projects.

One Armed Boxer
Rope-A-Dope is ingenious! And it garnered them some attention at the film festivals it was shown at. Between that and the Vader Strikes Go Pro video, you'd think someone would be throwing money at Jacobus and Co. to back one of their projects.

Yeah you would think so. It seems the audience for western martial arts movies is more narrow now than ever, I crowd-funded the 'Vader Strikes' project once they unveiled plans to make it into a series, but it ended up getting refunded as the project didn't meet target, which is a real shame. Here's hoping Eric & the guys can get out another feature length project like 'Contour', 'Detective Story', and 'Death Grip' soon.

Archived