The Grandmaster - RZA

reason108

This is probably old news but just heard about it and could not find a thread on it, if it exists. Looks like the Anchor Bay release will feature some music from the RZA??? I have not been following the developments on this release but I have read there are a few different versions. Just trying to make sense of it all. I feel like I need a scorecard with this thing. Just wondering where/how the RZA fits in. I would guess that its not part of the original soundtrack. Is this the Weinstein cut? Or, are they just trying to package it to the Hip Hop crowd?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker
This is probably old news but just heard about it and could not find a thread on it, if it exists. Looks like the Anchor Bay release will feature some music from the RZA??? I have not been following the developments on this release but I have read there are a few different versions. Just trying to make sense of it all. I feel like I need a scorecard with this thing. Just wondering where/how the RZA fits in. I would guess that its not part of the original soundtrack. Is this the Weinstein cut? Or, are they just trying to package it to the Hip Hop crowd?

I'm interested!!!

Secret Executioner

I'm curious about this. I tend to think that screams mismatch, but I still wanna check this out. Maybe this could be an interesting alternative version.

My goodness, I think that I found my answer. And, its worse than I thought. It looks to be the 108 minute Weinstein cut. Features include conversation with Shannon Lee. And, something called: The Grandmaster according to RZA.

:cry:

Secret Executioner
My goodness, I think that I found my answer. And, its worse than I thought. It looks to be the 108 minute Weinstein cut. Features include conversation with Shannon Lee. And, something called: The Grandmaster according to RZA.

:cry:

So, if I get it right: it's still The Grandmaster by name, but it actually has next to nothing to with the original Wong Kar Wai movie (one of the best movies of 2013 BTW) ?

The RZA feature could be interesting, if it's some kind of interview or commentary. Even though he (apparently) messed up really bad with his own flick, I think he and the other guys from Wu Tang Clan are MA cinema fans so it could be nice hearing what he has to say.

Secret Executioner

What DVD release of the film would the one we're discussing here be ? I tried to check it out on amazon, but there seems to be countless different releases for The Grandmaster - including (apparently) some bootlegs...

Archived