Tekken 2: Kazuya's Revenge (2014) (Formerly 'Agent X / A Man Called X') Kane Kosugi

chanbara

LIONSGATE & CRYSTAL SKY

Starts shooting in January 2014

Kane Kosugi plays the leading role of X in this film from Lions Gate and Crystal Sky, the company that made the ​​"Ghost Rider" series starring Nicolas Cage.

Source: http://kanekosugi.com/blog/film/2217.html

So great to see Kane getting the lead role in a new film. Hope they get Tim Man as fight choreographer.

Anyone have any other information on this? Or who the "X" character is in the TEKKEN video game(s)?

CORRECTION

On January 14, the official website of actor Kane Kosugi issued a correction and apology, stating the actor wasn't starring in a prequel called Tekken - A Man Called X, but rather, a non-Tekken movie with the temp title Agent X. (source: http://kotaku.com/today-the-official...ued-1500972962)

"We would like to apologize for the ineptitude on our part," stated Kosugi's official site.

http://kanekosugi.com/blog/other/2302.html

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gwailosforever

It should start filming soon in Bangkok with Brahim Achabbakhe (Tim Man's assistant on Ninja II) handling the fights.

I'm guessing this is the "prequel" Prachya Pinkaew is supposed to be directing

http://screenrant.com/tekken-rise-tournament-movie-prequel-prachya-pinkaew-jmar-173248/

This was the announcement back in 2012. If you mentioned Brahim doing the fights, this has got to the be the movie. I'm guessing maybe "X" could be Heihachi? IDK...they just better get the editing on the fight scenes right this time...the editing was what destroyed Cyril's choreography in the original film IMO.

gwailosforever
I'm guessing this is the "prequel" Prachya Pinkaew is supposed to be directing

http://screenrant.com/tekken-rise-tournament-movie-prequel-prachya-pinkaew-jmar-173248/

This was the announcement back in 2012. If you mentioned Brahim doing the fights, this has got to the be the movie. I'm guessing maybe "X" could be Heihachi? IDK...they just better get the editing on the fight scenes right this time...the editing was what destroyed Cyril's choreography in the original film IMO.

Yes it's that project but Prachya is no longer attached.

They make a sequel to this expensive flop? I mean I liked the movie, but this seems like financial suicide. On the other hand I don't have to pay the bill so I am looking forward to this film.

Yes it's that project but Prachya is no longer attached.

Does anyone know who is directing it then?

I hoping for the best but Kane Kosugi is a nonentity when he is not fighting. I don't know what people saw in the Ninja 2 fights to be honest. That shit was Tae Kwon Do (The movie), and there's nothing like Ninjutsu or Taijutsu to be seen in the entire movie.

I practised Dayto Ryu Aikijujutsu and Jujutsu when I was younger and it seems like people has something against Japanese martial arts because what I see in this films is just Wushu, Capoeira or Tae Kwon Do.

I hoping for the best but Kane Kosugi is a nonentity when he is not fighting. I don't know what people saw in the Ninja 2 fights to be honest. That shit was Tae Kwon Do (The movie), and there's nothing like Ninjutsu or Taijutsu to be seen in the entire movie.

I practised Dayto Ryu Aikijujutsu and Jujutsu when I was younger and it seems like people has something against Japanese martial arts because what I see in this films is just Wushu, Capoeira or Tae Kwon Do.

I think some people get too hung up on "Ninja 2" being called "Ninja 2." That's like watching "Police Story" and saying, "Well, Jackie's character did not go through proper police procedure when dealing with that suspect. Instead of reading him his rights, he kicked him through a window! He'd be suspended without pay!"

These are the movies. Suspension of disbelief is a must.

I currently train in a hard style of Jujutsu and I don't think the filmmakers have soemthing again Japanese martial arts the director of Ninja 2 has studied Karate for over 30 years. We all know film fighting is so very different from authentic martial arts. Kuro-Obi (Black Belt) from 2007 is a fantastic movie and very traditional.

As much as I would love to see concentrated joint locks and traditional martial arts on film we all know that would make for quick fights and many times it's hard to see what is going on as the moves are much smaller and fast.

So I understand what you mean, but the skill of the actors in their respective martial arts is amazing along with the timing and atheltic ability which is one of the reasons I continue to watch martial arts flicks!!

As far as this movie goes I'm excited to see Kane Kosugi getting a starring role and I hope the fights are filmed well.

CORRECTION

Today, the official website of actor Kane Kosugi issued a correction and apology, stating the actor wasn't starring in a prequel called Tekken - A Man Called X, but rather, a non-Tekken movie with the temp title Agent X. (source: http://kotaku.com/today-the-official-website-of-actor-kane-kosugi-issued-1500972962)

"We would like to apologize for the ineptitude on our part," stated Kosugi's official site.

http://kanekosugi.com/blog/other/2302.html

Thanks for the correction chanbara...I put an updated status on the post about Kosugi with this information.

There were false reports that the then-titled A Man Called X was NOT a Tekken movie; as it turns out, it was a Tekken movie all along. Producers were forced to plant some backpedaling after the movie was prematurely revealed on the internet.

Anyways, Tekken: Kazuya’s Revenge (aka A Man Called X), is coming to Blu-ray and DVD in August.

Amazon posted a synopsis for TEKKEN: KAZUYA'S REVENGE

Waking up in an apartment by himself, K has no memory of who he is or how he got there. Everyone who might know the truth seems intent on killing him. K is on his own and on the run... Until he is kidnapped by a ruthless shadowy criminal organization run by a deranged crime boss who calls himself The Minister The minster enslaves assassins and sells their services on the black market. K's skills are hone in a bloody gladiator-type arena where prisoners are forced into brutal death matches against one another. An extraordinary fighter, K quickly excels and earns his spot among the Minister s elite killers-for-hire. Under the watchful eye of his handler, a beautiful and lethal woman named Anna, K leads his life under the ironclad rule of the Minister while continuing to seek out the truth of his identity. K's worlds collide when he refuses to assassinate a mysterious stranger who might have strong ties to his past. With Anna s help, K tracks down the clues leading him back to the place where he first lost his memories. Here K will finally confront his past, face the ultimate betrayal and learn the truth about who - and what - he really is

On his Facebook page, Ron Smoorenburg confirmed to have worked on the film, so I'm guessing this may be finally true?

One Armed Boxer

Trailer is out! Looks like they got some inspiration from Scott Adkin's hotel escape in 'Ninja: Shadow of a Tear'...:tongue:

wS-xGuTYoe4

Drunken Monk
Trailer is out! Looks like they got some inspiration from Scott Adkin's hotel escape in 'Ninja: Shadow of a Tear'...:tongue:

wS-xGuTYoe4

If a trailer is meant to give an idea of how the film is going to be, this film is going to be awful. Terrible trailer with terrible action.

Then you may need to see this trailer then:

Zz9g-rinfvk

Gives more on the plot and shows better action :)

Drunken Monk

Haha...that is a much better trailer. I'm still not sold entirely, but it does look a lot better than the first trailer would have me believe.

Not sure about this. Hated the first one and both trailers didn't really impress me. I'll still give this a chance cause I love Tekken and Kane.

One Armed Boxer

Mike Leeder over at Impact has finally been able to put to rest the mystery of who's actually directing the movie - it's a director who goes by the name of KAOS (Whych Kaosayananda). Looks like this is set for an August release according to the article -

http://www.impactonline.co/news/1916-tekken-for-granted-here-comes-kaos

Mike Leeder over at Impact has finally been able to put to rest the mystery of who's actually directing the movie - it's a director who goes by the name of KAOS (Whych Kaosayananda). Looks like this is set for an August release according to the article -

Yuck, that's the hack who directed the abysmal BALLISTIC: ECKS VS. SEVER with Antonio Banderas.

Archived