RIP Run Run Shaw

inframan

OpiumKungFuCracker
I decided that this year, for my annual Chinese New Year viewing schedule, it's going to be a Shaw Brothers day in honor of Sir Run Run Shaw. I just have to think of some titles...I think I'll mix it up and not just focus on martial arts films...add a bit of some other types. Will have to go through my collection :)

You should host a screening on ustream?? I'll join in, just pick a day.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKungFuRobber

RIP. I was watching Ten Tigers from Kwangtung and didn't know he was dead until i read this. 106 years is a long time.

NoKUNGFUforYU

It is kind of unfair to ask for a top ten list, as it is a movie company, not just one actor or director-

Heroes Two

Men From the Monastery

Shaolin Temple

Five Shaolin Masters

Black Tavern

New One Armed Swordsman

New Shaolin Boxers

Four Riders

Crippled Avengers

Avenging Eagle

Yes, pretty big Fu Sheng fan.In all honesty, the list would be twice as long, with some of these others.

Invincible Fist

Come Drink with me

Five fingers of Death

The Chinese Boxer

Clans of Intrigue

Black Magic 2

Heroes of the East

Boxer From Shantung

and more!

Edit/Delete Message

Sir Run Run's funeral was held today (Friday) in HK. Very low-key; family only.

His coffin was transported to the Cape Collinson Crematorium for cremation.

Sir Run Run's grandson is pictured below...

f757c5a760e7423f8b96a4917e0fcbf4.jpg

Mrs Shaw (Mona Fong Yat-Wa)...

461933bdc6754c00bd9e6bc9bce0ab34.jpg

I knew he was also a philanthropist giving donations to many charities and of course a cineaste but I was not aware of this significant gesture to our very own Bafta (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) mentioned in this link http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/run-run-shaw-farewell-to-cinemas-kung-fu-king-9044946.html

I think I've seen his name engraved somewhere at Bafta? or The NFT ? but I thought it was honorary.

Does anyone know when and what type of funeral is planned? hope Raymond Chow amongst others will be well enough to attend.

Does anyone know when and what type of funeral is planned? hope Raymond Chow amongst others will be well enough to attend.

They plan to hold a memorial event on Friday the 17th.

Run Run's ashes reportedly will be placed at his older son Shaw Wai Ming's Singapore home.

_11MA009_.jpg

The stars, amongst many others, came out last Friday to pay their final respects to Sir Run Run.

run0.jpg

run2.jpgrun1.jpg

Ti Lung and his wife Tao Man Ming ......................................... Venom's Lo Mang

run8.jpgrun4.jpg

(l-r) Elliot Yueh, Ivy Ling, Chin Han, Chin Ping and Helen Ma ........................... Mr. and Mrs. Charles Heung

run7.jpgrun6.jpg

Chen Kuan Tai with Susan Shaw .............................. Kara Wai Ying Hung attends with a cane

run3.jpgrun5.jpg

Tong Kai and his wife Suet Nei ............................... Chin Siu Ho

RIP - Run Run Shaw

My life would be different without the Shaw movies I grew up to, they inspire me to this day!

Photo I grabbed off this forum some years ago -

runrunroyce.jpg

I just learned about his passing a few days ago, thought I would show my respect at KFC, the place where I learned the most about Sir Run Run and the Shaw Brothers legacy!

OpiumKungFuCracker
Anyone watch the Oscars? That was nice that they did include Run Run in the "in memorium" segment.

Holy shit, i didn't expect Hollywood tight wads to even acknowledge anything Martial arts related. That's cool for them to include him.

Anyone watch the Oscars? That was nice that they did include Run Run in the "in memorium" segment.

I figuered he was too important a figure for them to ignore. Also the runrun death was covered on the BBC national news here in the UK.

RIP - Run Run Shaw

My life would be different without the Shaw movies I grew up to, they inspire me to this day!

Photo I grabbed off this forum some years ago -

runrunroyce.jpg

Ha ha look at how the rolls royce gets a large portion of the pic. He has all that wealth, fame and babes. But his pride and joy was the good ol Rolls Royce (co-incidently the British company had it's cars manufactured in Hong Kong)

Heres a photo I took today of the Obituary of Run Run Shaw from the 12th January 2014 in British newspaper THE SUNDAY TIMES:

1.JPG

(The article has been cut out and glued into my scrapbook).

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Rest in Peace Sir. 

He'd be very happy his films are still making some money.

Thank you Sir Run Run... you've reawakened my imagination. 

Secret Executioner
10 hours ago, teako170 said:

Hard to believe its already been two years....

run2.thumb.jpg.a1ea01b0c141c68157fc0ffbf

Yeah, time flies.

Actually, I had almost forgotten yesterday was his passing's anniversary (I should have cause I watched 36th Chamber of Shaolin as a tribute to his memory when his passing was anounced on here). Guess I'm due to watch a Shaw classic today to make up for not remembering, right ? :tongueout 

OpiumKungFuCracker

Shaw brothers enterprise still running strong. El Rey is playing them 24/7. itunes/netflix/hulu, Shaws are everywhere now!!! I would not have expected this if you would have told me back in the 90s. 

On 8/1/2016 at 2:20 AM, teako170 said:

Hard to believe its already been two years....

run2.thumb.jpg.a1ea01b0c141c68157fc0ffbf

Who are the actresses ?

I don't recognize the one at the very left, unless it's Nancy Yen... Then, if I'm not mistaken, it's Lin Chen Chi, Lily Li, Ai Ti, Ting Pei and Shih Szu, and I don't recognize either the two who are sitting...

Archived