Five Fighters from Shaolin (1984)

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

Don't give a shit about the undercranking or the lame comedy, what Martial Arts movie doesn't have that? What I love about this flick is the over the top fight choreography throughout the movie that is sorely lacking in modern action movies. This movie is freaking insane!!!! The English dubbing is annoying as shit, get it in Mandarin if you can.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

I remember disliking most things about this film (haven't seen it in a while) but enjoying the fights. The undercranking is pretty crazy though.

OpiumKungFuCracker

It is a little uneven at certain spots, good thing the fights kept me from turning it off.

Yang Wu Liang

Totally agree OKFC, I love this choreography, it really peaked at the tail end of the shapes era for me.

Have you seen Shaolin Temple Against Lama, the action is insane in that one but there's less lame comedy.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Totally agree OKFC, I love this choreography, it really peaked at the tail end of the shapes era for me.

Have you seen Shaolin Temple Against Lama, the action is insane in that one but there's less lame comedy.

I think I have, I might have to watch this one again, I liked it.

Yeah the fighting in this one is superb. The taiwan flicks always seemed to have insane acrobatics in their fights. William Yen and Chiang Sheng made a good combo.

Archived