Shout! Factory releasing more Golden Harvest titles...

mpm74

It did have genuine Mandarin mono, but it went out-of-sync during a fight.

It was also "pinkified"

Is there better version available. With in-sync mono?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There definitely won't be blu-rays for these, as I think Shout finally realized that 98% of Fortune Star's masters are upscales, with the only exceptions off the top of my head being Bruce Lee's completed films and, uh, City Hunter (still scratching my head on that one).

At one point they seemed to be wanting to get away from Fortune Star after the Bruce Lee issues, but decided the best compromise would be to focus on DVD... at least until the day comes where Fortune Star does indeed make proper HD masters.

Hapkido is only available on unsubbed vcd now right? Anyways, I'm glad that these are finally getting a proper US release.

There definitely won't be blu-rays for these, as I think Shout finally realized that 98% of Fortune Star's masters are upscales, with the only exceptions off the top of my head being Bruce Lee's completed films and, uh, City Hunter (still scratching my head on that one).

At one point they seemed to be wanting to get away from Fortune Star after the Bruce Lee issues, but decided the best compromise would be to focus on DVD... at least until the day comes where Fortune Star does indeed make proper HD masters.

I thought that might be what was going on. It would make sense. Though, I never received my FOF replacement blu I won`t hold a grudge. :tongue: It would be nice to have more of the Golden Harvest catalog come out but sucks that in this day and age it has to be limited to dvd*.

*or upscale

I thought that might be what was going on. It would make sense. Though, I never received my FOF replacement blu I won`t hold a grudge. :tongue: It would be nice to have more of the Golden Harvest catalog come out but sucks that in this day and age it has to be limited to dvd*.

*or upscale

Why don't you just request it again?

Why don't you just request it again?

I have requested it a few times now. It has gotten me nowhere at this point. :bigsmile: But, I am thinking about trying again.

hopefully they'll get the fully remastered TAEKWONDO Fortune Star Print, not the cropped & ugly Print released by Joy Sales & Japan. the remastered one was out on French DVD (horribly remixed Audio though, of course)

Cliff (assume it is Cliff MacMillan from S!F) says that the following films are coming to DVD in 2014:

When Taekwondo Strikes

Stoner

Queen's Ransom

from the comments of this article:

http://www.cityonfire.com/angela-mao-double-feature-lady-whirlwind-hapkido-dvd-shout-factory/

Queens Ransom lol. Falls into the so bad its good category. Actually surprised that's seeing the light of day.

Three awful choices, while When Taekweondo Strikes has a couple of good fight scenes the rest of the film is awful with very bad acting. As far as the other two films, there really bad.

they got Lazenby who was most likely the Reason they were chosen. This won't help Sales though i'm sure, plus they can't put the English Dubs onto the HK Versions...

Stoner does have one awesome opening ballard!

The whole movie is awesome. Well, almost at least.

And Lazenby's moustache motherfucker!!!

notmyfault.jpg

Archived