70's Modern Kung Fu

Superfly

When I was a kid in the 70s my cousin took me to a Triple Feature. The Main film was 5 Fingers of Death. But I never remembered the other 2. One of them was set in Modern Times. It was a group of 5 or 6 youths. Including a girl I think. In the end one of the group dies after the final Fight but the rest walk off to the unknown. I know this isnt much to go on. But does anyone have a guess on this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoKUNGFUforYU

Any chance you know the actors? There are so many quick releases back then, hard to distinguish. It doesn't sound that familiar. Was David Chiang in it?

Not Savage 5. It takes place in more of a modern time very much like Chinatown Kid. I keep thinking the young group were all wearing matching vests.

Chinatown Kid

It's been a long time since I watched it but I'm going to take a guess and say maybe the Shaw film Young People?

It's been a long time since I watched it but I'm going to take a guess and say maybe the Shaw film Young People?

No. That wasn't it. Thanks for trying though. Its been 30 years. My guess is I will never figure it out. OK lets try the other one. All I remember is near the beginning of the film. A guy is bragging about his sword skill. He swipes his sword and cuts off the head of a flower. The other guy does the same but the flower doesn't move. The first guy starts to laugh. Then then the second guy blows at it and the head falls off.

Archived