Way of the Dragon (Fan Novel)

shukocarl

I'm currently half way through writing a kind of "Film Tie-In" novel based on Bruce Lee's Way of the Dragon - the international English version. It's basically the same as the film with additional scenes to flesh out the story more and explain things that don't happen on screen. I'm wondering if there's an outlet for this kind of fan-fiction and how I stand on copyright issues. would I be able to offer it via a Kindle publisher or offer it as a pdf file?

What are your thoughts guys?

Thanks

Carl

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Here's the Wiki page on Fan Fiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_fiction

Scroll down to the final topic: legality.

Typically to my understanding, fan fiction isn't published with the intent to profit but rather to share with other genre fans. There are apparently some instances when it happens, but I believe they're few and far between. It also depends on who you may end up dealing with. Anne Rice won't tolerate fan fiction.

I would think that the studio executives who retain the rights to the film and the Bruce Lee Estate would take a very narrow view of publishing with the intent to sell/profit. I understand that BLE is very tight-fisted with anything regarding Bruce, and known to be litigious. Food for thought.

Here's the Wiki page on Fan Fiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_fiction

Scroll down to the final topic: legality.

Typically to my understanding, fan fiction isn't publish the intent to profit but rather to share with other genre fans. There are apparently some instances when it happens, but I believe they're few and far between. It also depends on who you may end up dealing with. Anne Rice won't tolerate fan fiction.

I would think that the studio executives who retain the rights to the film and the Bruce Lee Estate would take a very narrow view of publishing with the intent to sell/profit. I understand that BLE is very tight-fisted with anything regarding Bruce, and known to be litigious. Food for thought.

That's exactly what I thought...thanks for the info mate.

Archived