Animal Style Kung Fu Movies?

Gwai LO

my thread got deleted (on accident) so i was told to make a new one. question is. i love Animal Style Kung Fu but dont see it in many movies. wondering if you guys can give me some movies that feature some animal style kung fu? it doesnt have to be a movie with ONLY animal style kung like Mad Monkey Kung fu, Or Shaolin Mantis.. but it just has to have a good quality animal style fight scene like Bushido Man with the Mantis Kung fu.

Here is a list of movies i had and a few someone mentioned before the thread got deleted

Operation Scorpio-eel and scorpion

Shaolin Temple-Mantis style

Encounters of the Spooky Kind- Monkey Style

Snake Deadly Act-Lobster

Hero of the east- Crab

Snake In The Eagle Shadow-Cat

Goose Boxer-Goose

Bangkok Knockout-Tiger

Dragonwolf-Scorpion

Bushido man-Mantis

Shaolin Mantis-Mantis

The Forbidden Kingdom- Mantis and Tiger

Mad Monkey Kung Fu- Monkey

Monkey Kung Fu-Monkey

Blood Sport-Monkey

Anything else?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champions - Mantis

Thundering Mantis - Self explanatory

Knockabout - Monkey

Magic Crystal - Mantis and Eagle Claw

Snake Deadly Act - Self explanatory

The Magnificent Butcher - Cat and Monkey Pole

Spiritual Kung Fu - Snake, Crane, Tiger, Leopard and Dragon

Dynamite Trio - Mantis

Invincible Armour - Eagle Claw

Fearless Dragons - Horse

Clan of the White Lotus - Crane and Tiger

Snake in the Monkeys Shadow - Snake and Monkey

Prodigal Son - While not mentioned, isnt The bad guy Leopard style?

Fists, Kicks and The Evils - Crane

Iron Monkey [77] - Monkey

Eight Strikes Of A Wild Cat - Rat

Unbeaten 28 - Not Seen - but read it has Rat

Showdown At The Cotton Mill - Not Seen - but read its good for Leopard

The Challenger - Leopard

Death Duel of Mantis - Mantis and Chicken Style

I also did a quick google and found this in a Mubi.com topic [Not my words, so sorry for lack of grammar or any mistakes]

There are several kung fu movies which could help you. First there is Kung Fu Genius, staring Wilson Tong and Cliff Lok. In this film several animal styles like eagle, rat, rabbit, butterfly are display. Also there is 18 Fatal Strikes which displays Shaking Eagle, Dragon, and other styles. Another is Dragon on Fire, displays mantis, crane, snake, eagle, and other styles. Now there is also several movies staring Billy Chong and Carl Scott one called; Jade Claw ake Crystal Fist (displays both north and south eagle’s claw styles. The other is called: Sun Dragon, ake Hard Way to Die (this film is extremely rare). Then there is Kung Fu of the 8 Drunkards, which displays styles like; drunken, panther, cheetah, lion, and tiger. One of the best movies with these styles: dragon, panther, eagle, monkey, and snake is called; 7 Grand Masters.

One Armed Boxer
my thread got deleted (on accident) so i was told to make a new one.

I was wondering why my post was deleted and suddenly all the movies I'd listed had been absorbed into your original list...:tongue:

You missed off 'Ong Bak 2' though, Tony Jaa demonstrates some great inter-changing between tiger style & Muay Thai in the finale that's a sight to behold.

I was wondering why my post was deleted and suddenly all the movies I'd listed had been absorbed into your original list...:tongue:

Sorry. I got an email saying they tried to merge this thread and deleted it on accident. Luckily I wrote down all the movies you mentioned, so I listed them, I just forgot who told me them so I couldn't give ya credit.

Secret Executioner

Monkey Fist, Floating Snake includes: Monkey, Snake, Eagle, Horse styles. Not sure of the actual quality of the MA in the film though.

5 Pattern Dragon Claw includes an animal style too, guess it must be Dragon considering the title.

is the movie "operation Scorpio" a good movie? it looks like it will be either REALLLLLLLY cheesy or really good

It's both. It does have a degree of cheesiness but it's very good.

Archived