Anime movie

Gwai LO

Im looking for a really good Anime movie. i was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions? i want to watch some good hand to hand combat. ive never watched any before so everything is new to me. im not into the fantasy and magic.. just want to watch something with good weapons or hand fighting? does anyone know any?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

This is the best I've come across as far as hand-to-hand and believe it or not, it's Street Fighter 2. The "Chun Li vs Vega" fight is just killer!

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-II-Animated-Movie/dp/1573306886/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1387720379&sr=1-3&keywords=street+fighter+2+the+animated+movie

The series was also pretty good. A little campy in some eps but still some quality anime fights.

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-II-V-Collection/dp/B00008V2V4/ref=sr_1_5?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1387720379&sr=1-5&keywords=street+fighter+2+the+animated+movie

And you can't go wrong with Ninja Scroll. Granted, it does have a magic/fantasy element, but it's not heavy with it, and the action/animation are the benchmark by which I judge all anime films.

I also hear that Sword of the Stranger (?) is a fantastic Samurai anime film but have never seen it yet.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Hand to hand fighting

Baki The Grappler, Shootfighter Tekken (Not related to the game), Kenichi History's Strongest Disciple, and Ben To are good.

And also The Fatal Fury movies are decent.

Swordplay

Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai and Rurouni Kenshin

Jeru the Damaja

Dragonball Z: This series is arguably the greatest fighting anime of all-time. There are some fantasy elements, but nothing that will hinder your viewing experience.

I don't mind magic. I just don't want to watch a fight where they throw fire balls all fight.. Are any of these on Netflix?

ShaOW!linDude

Good question. I'd think that Street Fighter 2, Ninja Scroll, & Fist of the North Star would be. Try searching for them.

I don't mind magic. I just don't want to watch a fight where they throw fire balls all fight.. Are any of these on Netflix?

Netflix dvd service will likely have them, streaming has Kenichi, Samurai Champloo and Afro Samurai so far. Most of the "good stuff" you have to search pretty hard for

Archived