Ant-Man (2015)

AlbertV

ant-man-movie-logo.jpg

Starting up an official Ant-Man thread. The script is completed...Edgar Wright (SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD; THE WORLD'S END) will be directing.

Who will be playing Hank Pym???

It could be Paul Rudd, who has begun early negotiations.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I'm cool with this. Paul Rudd is favorite actor of mine, capable of both comedy and levity. Love to see him do some action as Ant-Man. He'll make a great Henry Pym or Scott Lang. Hopefully it'll be Pym so that his future/current wife, Jan, will get put in the film, too, as the Wasp. Bring it already.

Looks like Michael Douglass is gonna be Pym, I'm guessing he will be the inventor of the technology and the Scott Lang character will be Ant-man.

Well, now that the Batman vs. Superman movie has moved back until May 2016, guess what is being released on July 17, 2015??? Yup, Ant-Man will be in theaters that day :)

Evangeline Lilly may be playing the female lead and Edgar Wright has reunited with cinematographer Bill Pope and composer Steven Price, who both worked on Wright's last film, The World's End...

Here's now hoping Wright brings Brad Allan as stunt coordinator *wink wink*

Secret Executioner
Evangeline Lilly may be playing the female lead and Edgar Wright has reunited with cinematographer Bill Pope and composer Steven Price, who both worked on Wright's last film, The World's End...

Here's now hoping Wright brings Brad Allan as stunt coordinator *wink wink*

AKA Wasp, logically. I mean, it's an Ant-Man movie and unless they fuck up everything (like some comic-based movies do), the female lead HAS to be her.

Well, as many of you heard, Edgar Wright left the film due to "creative differences" (why when you praised him a few years back!) and now, Peyton Reed (who directed the original Bring It On!) is directing (HUH?!) But in a bit of interesting news, ANCHORMAN series helmer Adam McKay is contributing to the script...considering Paul Rudd is taking, it may be a good thing, but I'm still disappointed at Wright's departure.

Saturday night at Comic-Con, Michael Douglas will be on the panel for ANT-MAN but it's a stop and go gig as he must fly out to New York that night to attend a cancer event the following day.

Meanwhile, Gabriel Ferrari and Andrew Barrer have been hired to add to the script and do some tweaking, in adding Adam McKay's contribution. Shooting begins next month and Ferrari and Barrer will be on the set doing script revisions. I'm guessing this means they are obliterating Edgar Wright's story idea??? IDK.

I'm guessing this means they are obliterating Edgar Wright's story idea??? IDK.

Or just making it up as they shoot, lol. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened with a movie.

Comic-Con Poster

Kpk0TkV.jpg

Well, Edgar Wright's vision is NOT completely going away. Kevin Feige, the head of Marvel Studios, did say he did like some of Wright's visual ideas and will be using them in the film...Evangeline Lilly pretty much is trying to deny she will be in the film, but the official cast is expected to be announced this weekend at Comic-Con.

Secret Executioner

Looks more like Ultraman than Ant-Man IMO. But I guess it's not the official poster.

Secret Executioner

Sounds like the typical Marvel superhero flick ala Iron Man or Thor: looks dark, edgy... And some supposed comedy shows up and kinda ruins the dark, edgy build-up.

Doesn't look too bad though, might as well give this one a look.

Sounds like the typical Marvel superhero flick ala Iron Man or Thor: looks dark, edgy... And some supposed comedy shows up and kinda ruins the dark, edgy build-up.

Doesn't look too bad though, might as well give this one a look.

It seems to have a somewhat similar plot to Iron Man with the theme of betrayal within a corporation it looks like.

It looks like Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish will be credited with the original story for the film with screenwriting credits going to both Adam McKay and Ant-Man himself, Paul Rudd.

Peyton Reed did say Scott Lang's story is actually faithful to the comics, including how he is introduced.

OpiumKungFuCracker

So Ant-Man was created in a Lab? Unlike Spider-Man which was bitten by a radio-active Spider by accident? Why can't Spider-Man morph into a tiny Spider and yet Ant-Man can morph into a tiny ant? That's not fair!!!!!!

Secret Executioner
It seems to have a somewhat similar plot to Iron Man with the theme of betrayal within a corporation it looks like.

Was also in TWS - though the betrayal was within a government agency and dealt with a terrorist organization. And to this it adds the "guy chosen for something" element of Captain America.

So Ant-Man was created in a Lab? Unlike Spider-Man which was bitten by a radio-active Spider by accident? Why can't Spider-Man morph into a tiny Spider and yet Ant-Man can morph into a tiny ant? That's not fair!!!!!!

For the same reason The Atom can shrink to the size of an atom, but Batman or Hawkman can't turn into a bat or an hawk... Comic science.

IIRC, Spider-man at a point did become a spider-like creature - or is Man-Spider (as it's called) a different thing, like Man-Bat has nothing to with Batman ? And Ant-Man has powers similar to The Atom's. He doesn't morph into an ant.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Was also in TWS - though the betrayal was within a government agency and dealt with a terrorist organization. And to this it adds the "guy chosen for something" element of Captain America.

For the same reason The Atom can shrink to the size of an atom, but Batman or Hawkman can't turn into a bat or an hawk... Comic science.

IIRC, Spider-man at a point did become a spider-like creature - or is Man-Spider (as it's called) a different thing, like Man-Bat has nothing to with Batman ? And Ant-Man has powers similar to The Atom's. He doesn't morph into an ant.

I actually had to look up The Atom as I had no idea who he was. I'm not that well verse into comic books. So Ant Man can shrink in size of an ant? I don't know much about Ant Man either but is his suit like special powers or does he have cool weapons? I guess I could just look this up on wikipedia but too lazy to read at the moment.

Secret Executioner
I actually had to look up The Atom as I had no idea who he was. I'm not that well verse into comic books. So Ant Man can shrink in size of an ant? I don't know much about Ant Man either but is his suit like special powers or does he have cool weapons? I guess I could just look this up on wikipedia but too lazy to read at the moment.

Ant Man can shrink or grow giant (Hank Pym, the first Ant Man in the comics, became known as Giant Man at a point), and I think his suit has some special gadgets - IIRC, he has a device that enables him to communicates with ants.

I'm not too familiar with the guy (that goes for the whole Marvel Universe actually), but I recall discovering this character in a Fantastic Four story where Dr. Doom had shrunk himself and taken over a sort of kingdom. So he helped them get there and overthrow Doom. Might have been one of his first appearances, since it was a story from the early 1960s.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Ant Man can shrink or grow giant (Hank Pym, the first Ant Man in the comics, became known as Giant Man at a point), and I think his suit has some special gadgets - IIRC, he has a device that enables him to communicates with ants.

I'm not too familiar with the guy (that goes for the whole Marvel Universe actually), but I recall discovering this character in a Fantastic Four story where Dr. Doom had shrunk himself and taken over a sort of kingdom. So he helped them get there and overthrow Doom. Might have been one of his first appearances, since it was a story from the early 1960s.

Damn, Marvel Universe is so freaking huge man!!!! So many characters, stories, it's endless. As for Ant Man, I thought the trailer was okay, it had me interested and Paul Rudd fits the role I guess.

And don't forget Ant-Man is the official end of Marvel's Phase 2...then, we go into Phase 3 next :)

Secret Executioner

OKFC: the Marvel universe in the comics is huge as hell. Dozens of storylines, alternative worlds (including one taking place in 2099 with futuristic recreations of characters like Spiderman, the X-Men, the Ghost Rider... or one where Thanos - a villain planned for the cinematic universe BTW - killed all the superheroes thanks to a magic Gauntlet), line-ups for teams like the X-Men, the Fantastic Four or the Avengers (with characters like Beast or Ant-Man having backstories related to several of these teams)... I'm more into DC, but even though I know the DC universe better, I'm still confused at times.

And don't forget Ant-Man is the official end of Marvel's Phase 2...then, we go into Phase 3 next :)

Isn't there also Avengers: Age Of Ultron this year ? I thought this one was to conclude P2... Then we'll have a shitload of other movies building up to Avengers 3 and the possible crossover with the Guardians Of The Galaxy (Doctor Strange, Iron Man 4, Captain America 3 and Thor 3 are already confirmed IIRC).

OpiumKungFuCracker

Phase II was such an improvement over Phase I. Phase III is going to be even more crazy and insanely good. Can't wait and like all of these films I will go in fresh just like Guardians of the galaxy. Love that movie!

Archived