Movies coming my way.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Haven't seen any of them but they look like a good old ass kicking time!

You can You Tube many of these to see the trailers.

I go to FLK and find a poster I like. Then see if the movie is available.

GD Y-Y

Extreme enemy, Ill wind, Mighty couple, and Temptation are superb.

Romantic double rings is good and I haven't watched Awe inspiring weapon as yet.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Extreme enemy, Ill wind, Mighty couple, and Temptation are superb.

Romantic double rings is good and I haven't watched Awe inspiring weapon as yet.

Thanks ShawAngela, (cute moniker),

Looks like I made some good choices.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I had to redo all images.

Whats that all about?

These movies will be in my mail soon.

Oh Yeah!

The Evil Karate

EvilKarate+1971-1-b.jpg

EvilKarate+1971-2-b.jpg

The Majesty Cat

MajestyCat+1975-3-b.jpg

The Lawman

TheLawman+1979-5-b.jpg

TheLawman+1979-6-b.jpg

The Sword

Sword+1971-1-b.jpg

Assassin (1976)

Assassin+1976-9-b.jpg

Assassin+1976-4-b.jpg

GD Y-Y

OpiumKungFuCracker

At first I thought it read, movies with three way. What kind of kinky stuff you're getting into now? LOL, anyways, those are some kick ass flicks. Bless your heart! I don't remember seeing any of them, please report back and tell us how they are?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Changed my mind on two of my choices:

The Decisive Battle (1972)

A Tien Peng movie.

TheDecisiveBattle+1972-4-b.jpg

TheDecisiveBattle+1972-2-b.jpg

Wanderer with Nimble Knife (1979)

WandererwithNimbleKnife+1979-5-b.jpg

WandererwithNimbleKnife+1979-4-b.jpg

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
At first I thought it read, movies with three way. What kind of kinky stuff you're getting into now? LOL, anyways, those are some kick ass flicks. Bless your heart! I don't remember seeing any of them, please report back and tell us how they are?

I will let you know.

What I do is go to:

Hong Kong Movie Data Base.

You can find most of the kung fu movies made in the 60's 70's and 80's there.

GD Y-Y

What I do is go to:

Hong Kong Movie Data Base.

You can find most of the kung fu movies made in the 60's 70's and 80's there.

GD Y-Y

you pick films to watch from a database? go with what fans recommend,always more reliable imo :angel:

masterofoneinchpunch
you pick films to watch from a database? go with what fans recommend,always more reliable imo :angel:

What's funny is that a lot of those picks do not have any reviews to them yet on HKMDB. I think maybe he meant, actually I'm not sure what he meant.

Golden Dragon, are you going over particular films you have not seen and you use HKMDB to determine what to watch next?

I think he chooses them because of the poster.

I hope one of the films you changed your mind on wasn't The Sword, because that's one of the great indie wuxias. Not as good as its unrelated 1980 namesake, but surprisingly very much in the same vein, with Wang Yu as a real s.o.b. determined to be the supreme swordsman at all costs. In a much more serious and philosophical vein than his films typically get (thanks largely to novelist-turned-filmmaker Pan Lei, who also did Shaw's The Fastest Sword).

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
What's funny is that a lot of those picks do not have any reviews to them yet on HKMDB. I think maybe he meant, actually I'm not sure what he meant.

Golden Dragon, are you going over particular films you have not seen and you use HKMDB to determine what to watch next?

I like Tien Peng so I go to HKMDB sort through his films then see if my guy has them, if so, then I order them.

And I do look to the posters.

As most of Tien Peng's Taiwanese Period movies are always great

I need not see a review.

That I will do for myself after watching a film.

I also chose some Kong Bong films.

Does this answer your questions.

GD Y-Y :bigsmile:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
I think he chooses them because of the poster.

I hope one of the films you changed your mind on wasn't The Sword, because that's one of the great indie wuxias. Not as good as its unrelated 1980 namesake, but surprisingly very much in the same vein, with Wang Yu as a real s.o.b. determined to be the supreme swordsman at all costs. In a much more serious and philosophical vein than his films typically get (thanks largely to novelist-turned-filmmaker Pan Lei, who also did Shaw's The Fastest Sword).

I was going to change my mind on The Sword but w/ your recommendation I will go with it.

Thanks.

GD Y-Y

masterofoneinchpunch
I like Tien Peng so I go to HKMDB sort through his films then see if my guy has them, if so, then I order them.

... Does this answer your questions.

GD Y-Y :bigsmile:

Yes. While I do not look at the poster, I do go to HKMDB to get ideas on other films to watch (directors and actors.) I do not read reviews (usually) until after I have watched the movie.

Yang Wu Liang

Hi Golden Dragon, I'm always happy to read your enthusiastic swordplay posts.

I haven't watched all those films but I've got most of them..... I couldn't watch Romantic Double Rings because the burnt in subs were so cropped you could only read the middle 5 or so words out of 10, looks like a good movie though.

Law man and Majesty Cat are both great Tien Peng vehicles so you'll enjoy them, brace yourself for the ending in Majesty Cat though! Assassin I remember being slightly different to his normal films although it's been a while since I saw it, I think you'll enjoy it.

Wanderer with Nimble Knife is a typical Taiwanese wuxia, plenty of atmosphere but a confusing story if I remember right. I've seen Awe Inspiring Weapon once but it's faded from my memory, I was disappointed with the ending though.

You can't go wrong with those Kong Ban films Darkest Sword is my favourite though if you can get it.

I totally agree with Cold Bishop about The Sword, I'm not really a fan of Wang Yu but this could be his finest moment.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I urge you to look out for Flute Player of Wrath, Middle Kingdom's Mark of Blood, Elimination Pursuit, Flying Sword Lee, Strife for Mastery and Veiling of Hidden Sword.

Cheers mate.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Hi Golden Dragon, I'm always happy to read your enthusiastic swordplay posts.

I haven't watched all those films but I've got most of them..... I couldn't watch Romantic Double Rings because the burnt in subs were so cropped you could only read the middle 5 or so words out of 10, looks like a good movie though.

Law man and Majesty Cat are both great Tien Peng vehicles so you'll enjoy them, brace yourself for the ending in Majesty Cat though! Assassin I remember being slightly different to his normal films although it's been a while since I saw it, I think you'll enjoy it.

Wanderer with Nimble Knife is a typical Taiwanese wuxia, plenty of atmosphere but a confusing story if I remember right. I've seen Awe Inspiring Weapon once but it's faded from my memory, I was disappointed with the ending though.

You can't go wrong with those Kong Ban films Darkest Sword is my favourite though if you can get it.

I totally agree with Cold Bishop about The Sword, I'm not really a fan of Wang Yu but this could be his finest moment.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I urge you to look out for Flute Player of Wrath, Middle Kingdom's Mark of Blood, Elimination Pursuit, Flying Sword Lee, Strife for Mastery and Veiling of Hidden Sword.

Cheers mate.

Thanks for your feed back.Yang Wu Lang

I will look into your other recommendations the next time around.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Yang Wu Lang can you recommend the best of Helen Ma.

Thanks again for the tip on this movie.

88919db3935d7920293f725ee641aac7.jpg

Thanks.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Thanks for your feed back.Yang Wu Lang

I will look into your other recommendations the next time around.

GD Y-Y

I have seen these Elimination Pursuit, Flying Sword Lee, Strife for Mastery and Veiling of Hidden Sword.

Thanks again,

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Do you agree with this review Yang Wu Liang?

Flute Player of Wrath.

From HKMDB review.

What can I say about Taiwanese kung fu movies - they suck. This one is not too bad, as it was probably made in 81 or 82 (almost past the dreadful arm-throwing period). Being a fanatic of the new wave style, I absoltutely hate the kind of crap made by Taiwanese amateur filmmakers whose editing skills alone are worth bitchslapping for.

Anyway, the film is still all too typical of Taiwanese nonsense, with some of the worst costume makeups and tons of old school dialogues like "I'm from a place where I came from" and "It's a thing that you don't want to know" and "I'm going to kill a person whom you want to have killed." It's jackshit, basically. The redeeming quality is of course some good action. The lead is ugly as hell, but he did appear to have some skills. Unfortunately, he is better at hand-to-hand combat, but this is a swordplay movie. It's just a shame that Taiwanese filmmakers from this time were ever allowed to make crap like this.

GD Y-Y

Yang Wu Liang

No.

To paraphrase his closing sentence, it's a shame people are ever allowed to write crap reviews like this.

Ok, it's a cheap Taiwanese wuxia, but there's plenty of great action and the finale is berserk.

Archived