Anime: Sword of the Stranger is an action masterpiece!!!

Casshern

I'd never seen such display of action animation before, pure virtuosity. The action is so tight and well storyboarded that I was amazed the whole time.

I knew that Japan had some of the best action animators in the planet (Itano circus, Kanada Style, Yutapon..) but the quality of the storyboards and layouts were beyond my expectations. The last fight is Yutaka Nakamura at his best, very impressive stuff.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I always hear good things about this. I gotta track this down one day. I get so disappointed in most anime features. It's like all the good action pieces are in the credits or the beginning of the film. Then it's just sap sappy sapness.

I always hear good things about this. I gotta track this down one day. I get so disappointed in most anime features. It's like all the good action pieces are in the credits or the beginning of the film. Then it's just sap sappy sapness.

Bandai USA owned the distribution rights and they went out of business. No other company had pick it up or plans to pick it up. You can still find it on DVD. The blu-ray US release is hard to find new without paying and arm or a leg for it.

Re-watched it last weekend. Still enjoyed it.

I see it on eBay all the time. I gotta check this one out also

I just checked and there is one for $39.99. But I've seen people ask for as much as $150. Coming across it isn't the problem. The problem is usually people want you to pay for it. I paid about $20 for mine which I consider a reasonable price. $40? Maybe. $150? No thanks.

Archived