2014 Martial Arts Films

Youal

Is KFC going to make a post on the main site for martial arts movies set for release in 2014, just like last year? If so, let me help you get start on compiling a list:

Ice Man 3D I & II

The Raid 2

Last of the Best

Police Story 2013

Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire Arc

Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend Arc

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Master (dir. Pou-Soi Cheang)

The Monkey King

Vengeance of an Assassin

Once Upon a Time in Shanghai

The Huntresses

Kundo : Age of the Rampant

Skin Trade

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny (2014?)

Is there any more that I'm missing out?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But to add to the list

A man will rise

Formless

A certain justice

Judge archer

District 13 (remake)

Sin trade

Iron monk

Expendables 3

Apokalips

Raze

Wolf war

Favela

The night comes for us

Pink x red

Just to name a few

One Armed Boxer

Charlie Nguyen & Johnny Tri Nguyen should have their comedy road movie 'Young Teo' out at some point, however by the sounds of it this may be a non-MA affair, which you could hardly blame them for considering all their time & effort on 'China Town' went to waste.

Vengeance of assassins

Kundo age of the rampant

I couldn't find info on those two

This is the new movie from Panna Rittikrai & Dan Chupong, there's a thread here -

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19965

District 13 (remake)

= 'Brick Mansions'

Sin trade

Is this a separate movie, or are you referring to the Tony Jaa / Dolph Lundgren movie 'Skin Trade'?

When I checked the vengeance of assassins thread you posted I read nothing of it coming out in 2014? Just people asking "when it will come out" any updates or news?

And I ment to type "skin trade" just a simple phone mistake. I have a crack in my screen so proof reading is a little hard.

I don't know if Brick Manson could be qualified as a martial arts movie but who knows, maybe. I have nothing against the late Paul Walker but he ain't Cyril Raffaelli in any stretch of the imagination.

Kundo: Age of the Rampant is basically the Korean period-piece version of Robin Hood or Pirate of the Caribbean. Its classified as an action drama according to the distributor website.

The is no official release date for Vengeance of an Assassin but I can't imagine Sahamongkol would leave it sitting on the shelf collecting dust for the rest of next year.

More films I forgot to add to the list:

The White Haired Witch Of Lunar Kingdom - 3D wuxia fantasy produced by Tsui Hark

Skiptrace - Jackie Chan action comedy

The Last Knights (aka The Last Knights of Ako) - Korean/US co-production from director Kazuaki Kiriya. Its probably more of medieval European style swordplay movie but it has Tsuyoshi Ihara and Ahn Sung-Ki so it may have some aspect of Asian martial arts.

Outcast - China/US co-production with Nicolas Cage and Liu Yifei

Archived