Lost Sketches drawn by Bruce Lee

Youal

On 5/26/2020 at 1:12 PM, DragonClaws said:

163158_0.jpg

See Bruce Lee pawn on youtube , this is typical Tadman forgery , the manual too

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/8/2015 at 5:01 PM, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:

The owner of these Bruce Lee drawings is willing to sell.

Make him an offer, $$$$.

What do you all think the value of these drawings would be?

I have no idea.

GD Y-Y

Under no condition pay Tadman anything or someone named Sasha Louis , its David Tadman , conman

• Like 3

@Coliseum1972 I was about to mention this but you beat me to it. Most if not all of these are forgeries. I'd also recommend anybody who's interested in anything Bruce Lee related do your research thoroughly. Also be careful with collectors from the UK. Last but not least watch out for COA's "signed" by Taky Kimura. Lots of red flags when it comes to Bruce Lee memorabilia. Unfortunately! :yociexp37:

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2020 at 11:34 AM, Coliseum1972 said:

See Bruce Lee pawn on youtube , this is typical Tadman forgery , the manual too

On 10/24/2020 at 12:58 PM, laagi said:

@Coliseum1972 I was about to mention this but you beat me to it. Most if not all of these are forgeries. I'd also recommend anybody who's interested in anything Bruce Lee related do your research thoroughly. Also be careful with collectors from the UK. Last but not least watch out for COA's "signed" by Taky Kimura. Lots of red flags when it comes to Bruce Lee memorabilia. Unfortunately! 

Thanks for the feedback guy's.

• Like 3

Even worse than this theres rumors Pat Moritas widow is buying KK movie posters on ebay and then forging Pats signature on them , she did handle his fanmail once and i suspect she got greed in her eyes.

I would under no circumstances recommend collecting autographs to noobs , at least not expensive ones , the chance of being burned is high. Sadly PSA is turning bad  , they dont give a damn and pass lots of questionable sigs. Less than 10 yrs ago GA was considered legit , now nobody touches them except dubious dealers like Piece of the Past.

Example : Wiseman hated signing Doctor No photos , most you see are fake. Same with DOS on MASH , he hated signing MASH and refused to sign since the 90s until his death. Burghoff wont sign MASH cast photos anymore. So as you can see its tricky getting them. Brando hated signing too , Presley had his staff/bodyguard and even his dad signed his checks , i heard Bronsons wife wgd his checks

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 4

On 10/24/2020 at 12:58 PM, laagi said:

Most if not all of these are forgeries. I'd also recommend anybody who's interested in anything Bruce Lee related do your research thoroughly.

Are they re-productions of an orignal drawing by Bruce Lee?. Or has some artist just copied his drawing style?.

• Like 3

@DragonClaws That's a good question. To be honest from what I've seen I would argue it's probably both. Also it's really difficult to tell what's real or fake with so many forgeries hitting the market. I once read that the majority of autographs out there are indeed fake. It's sad but true. It's part of the reason I quit the hobby. Also you'll quickly learn there's no friends when it comes to money.

• Like 5

On 10/25/2020 at 1:05 PM, Coliseum1972 said:

Even worse than this theres rumors Pat Moritas widow is buying KK movie posters on ebay and then forging Pats signature on them , she did handle his fanmail once and i suspect she got greed in her eyes.

I would under no circumstances recommend collecting autographs to noobs , at least not expensive ones , the chance of being burned is high. Sadly PSA is turning bad  , they dont give a damn and pass lots of questionable sigs. Less than 10 yrs ago GA was considered legit , now nobody touches them except dubious dealers like Piece of the Past.

Example : Wiseman hated signing Doctor No photos , most you see are fake. Same with DOS on MASH , he hated signing MASH and refused to sign since the 90s until his death. Burghoff wont sign MASH cast photos anymore. So as you can see its tricky getting them. Brando hated signing too , Presley had his staff/bodyguard and even his dad signed his checks , i heard Bronsons wife wgd his checks

I had no idea that Pat's widow is Donna from the Cheech & Chong movies. She's also renown for being the first Latina to pose for Playboy.

Here's a censored pic here:

heaaP0b.jpg

A NSFW version:

Spoiler

4lRRTpy.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
fixed links
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2020 at 7:05 AM, laagi said:

I once read that the majority of autographs out there are indeed fake. It's sad but true. It's part of the reason I quit the hobby.

I used to work in a printing factory, the boss there was big on collecting autographs. His whole office was decorated with them. He told me selfies taken with mobiles were now a more popular thing with fans/collector's. This was back in 2009, but I guess there still a market for autogrpahs from older actors,muscians etc, who are no longer with us.

• Like 2

My guess he bakes the paper items in the oven to make them appear 60s vintage , believe it or not its possible , its been known to have been done with vintage 8x10 pr stills that have value

• Like 3

I think people or collector tend to forget thru what lengths some forgers will go. There's the obvious ones which are almost laughably bad and then there's those. Clearly who ever made these put time and effort into it. Time well spent I'd say if they can pass it on as real for several thousand dollars. I'm curious now why Shannon isn't more invested in stopping the Sale of fake Bruce Lee memorabilia. She's like a bloodhound when it comes to her father's legacy. Especially if it's personal or business related. Just check out the recent auction from propstore. One of the most respected companies when it comes to movie props. Some of these Bruce Lee items just don't add up and it's no coincidence they are accompanied by a COA signed by Taky Kimura or George Lee. The former and latter are still alive I assume? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm sure a famous auction house would have plenty of connections to reach out to them. 

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

I told Burt Ward about Piece of the Past forging his sig , he just turned sour on me - damned if you do , damned if you dont. PoP claimed Ward was his client in 1999-2000 , Ward said that was not true......boy am i surprised - not.

PoP has tried at least twice to sell stolen merch : i busted him last yr when he tried to sell my Batman '66 items on ebay which he claimed were "lost" , he also cheated Rocky Horror collector out of 1000s , only refunded 800$ (read yelp review on the defunct Starworld , Sw was owned by Hollywood Show owner Elkouby) 

PoP Vegas

HS , CA

jackmsell FL (also fake 007)

colbystreetartandantiques MI

All these i suspect are in cahoots with each other re : fakes

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 2

"collectors from UK" , any specific names to be aware of ?

George Lee is deaceased , i believe.....

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 2

From the Bruce Lee Archive #62 ‘Bruce drawing’ Bruce used drawing in some interesting ways; here he is sketching out ideas while on the set (1). Some of Bruce's drawings explored details in martial arts instruction like this amazing portrait showing striking points on the head (2), throughout the body (3), and focus on the positions of hands and feet (4). There are also dozens of examples of sequential boxing moves in the archive (5). Bruce used drawings frequently to imagine the look, feel, and character development of film ideas: here are some interesting doodles of personified "enlightenment" "disillusioned" and amazingly, "all modern ego jazz" for his 'Ah Sahm' treatment. And some other unfinished works were explored within scripts and treatments (7, 😎. Some quick portraits of faces helped Bruce further entertain the essence of possible film characters (9). Oftentimes Bruce also used quick sketches to document and plan the choreography of fight scenes, like during the first epic mass-fight Bruce faced in Enter the Dragon (10).

Video Link- https://www.facebook.com/BruceLee/videos/835933380494487/?t=1

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 6:13 PM, Coliseum1972 said:

I told Burt Ward about Piece of the Past forging his sig , he just turned sour on me - damned if you do , damned if you dont. PoP claimed Ward was his client in 1999-2000 , Ward said that was not true......boy am i surprised - not.

PoP has tried at least twice to sell stolen merch : i busted him last yr when he tried to sell my Batman '66 items on ebay which he claimed were "lost" , he also cheated Rocky Horror collector out of 1000s , only refunded 800$ (read yelp review on the defunct Starworld , Sw was owned by Hollywood Show owner Elkouby) 

PoP Vegas

HS , CA

jackmsell FL (also fake 007)

colbystreetartandantiques MI

All these i suspect are in cahoots with each other re : fakes

At least my autograph from Burt Ward is authentic as he signed it in front of me. 

• Like 2

Got real ones IP at HS '15 too , its the ones from '11 that were bogus

Moritas widow sold 100s of most likely forged KK sgd posters :(

Prop Store sold GH Lee/Williams sgd gum card for 2000£ , i doubt very much it was real

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 2