Lost Sketches drawn by Bruce Lee

Youal

On top of being a legendary martial artist, a wise philosopher and a magnetic actor, Bruce Lee is also a talented artist. His book Tao of Jeet Kune Do had some drawings and I also remember watching a documentary with an interview with Bruce Lee's art teacher who show some of his wonderful artwork of swordsman from Medieval China.

This link below has some of his lost sketches:

http://louispearlgg.hubpages.com/hub/Lost-Sketches-drawn-by-Bruce-Lee

According to the article, a Japanese collector has bought Bruce Lee's personal sketches. I was hoping if anyone knows more about his drawings and where can I see it. Hopefully, maybe there is some lost original art stashed somewhere hidden at the archive of the Bruce Lee foundation and it will be revealed if they build their museum.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1585&d=1387038056

attachment.php?attachmentid=1586&d=1387038083

attachment.php?attachmentid=1587&d=1387038098

attachment.php?attachmentid=1588&d=1387038111

attachment.php?attachmentid=1589&d=1387038117

attachment.php?attachmentid=1590&d=1387038130

post-6-144191898224_thumb.jpg

post-6-144191898232_thumb.jpg

post-6-144191898239_thumb.jpg

post-6-144191898245_thumb.jpg

post-6-144191898252_thumb.jpg

post-6-144191898258_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Yes siry bob......Bruce had the touch. These drawings are full of the martial spirit.

Very impressive to say the least!

These drawings brings to mind Bruce's Shaw Brothers photo shoots. Only IF............................!

GD Y-Y

• Like 2

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I am in communication with the owner of these drawings.

Will see what becomes of it.

BTW those drawings are complete magic.

GD Y-Y

• Like 4

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The owner of these Bruce Lee drawings is willing to sell.

Make him an offer, $$$$.

What do you all think the value of these drawings would be?

I have no idea.

GD Y-Y

• Like 2

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I don't know how you could a price on those...they're amazing. 

Right.

The owner said : "Make me an offer."

I am in no position to buy these but what is there value......pretty much.....priceless.

GD Y-Y

• Like 2

DragonClaws

A Bruce Lee drawing of a warrior with a sword in each hand, inscribed by Lee "Best Wishes/ from your/ friend/ Bruce Lee," additionally signed with Lee's Chinese character signature. Lee has also drawn two helmeted head outlines. The ink on paper drawing was gifted to Lee's student and friend Taky Kimura and is accompanied by a letter of authenticity from Kimura, who states that the drawing was made circa 1967.

Image/TxT source- https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/120/lot/51286/BRUCE-LEE-TWICE-SIGNED-INSCRIBED-DRAWING

163158_0.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Bruce Lee's Annotated Martial Arts Booklet. A Chinese-language booklet with photo illustrations that features numerous handwritten notations by Lee related to the descriptions and photos of techniques described on each page. The book dates circa 1965-67, and Lee used it extensively while developing his Jun Fan Gung Fu style in Seattle, and later passed it along to a friend. The booklet is in Fine to Very Fine condition with some wear, toning, and soiling. Accompanied by LOAs from Taky Kimura and University Archives,

source- https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/movie-tv-memorabilia/autographs-and-signed-items/bruce-lee-s-annotated-martial-arts-booklet/a/696-49109.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

https://dyn1.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path[4/1/4/0/4140902],sizedata[850x600]&call=url[file:product.chain]

• Like 1

warrior-script-4-2000.jpg

Bruce’s notes — from his lists of potential story ideas and sketches (like the one above) to his accounts of the history of San Francisco’s Chinatown — were invaluable to the creation of the Cinemax series, but they required some tweaking to fit the mold of modern TV storytelling. “[The treatment] was written in the style of 1970s episodic television, which was mostly stand-alone episodes. It was this monk that wandered around, and every episode he encountered some bully,” Shannon says. “That style of television doesn’t really work anymore.” Instead, Warrior follows a serialized, overarching story about Ah Sahm (Andrew Koji from The Innocents) as he immigrates to San Francisco and becomes embroiled in the violent Tong Wars of Chinatown. Hired as a “hatchet man” (a killer, essentially), he bloodies his hands quickly in his new home.

Txt/Image source - Bruce Lee's daughter Shannon Lee breaks down the long journey to bring Warrior to life

Link- https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/08/bruce-lee-daughter-shannon-lee-warrior/

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

source- https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/120/lot/51289/

A Bruce Lee owned copy of Aikido Complete by Yoshimitsu Yamada (New York: L. Stuart, 1969), marked on the flyleaf "Property of Bruce Lee" with a hand drawn figure making a punching motion drawn by Lee in red ink. Lee gifted the book to his friend and student George Lee. Accompanied by a letter of authenticity from George Lee.

163183_0.jpg?1442941099

• Like 3