Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Keung

This looks awesome!

The Warner Bros. Pictures/Village Roadshow Pictures sci-fi thriller is directed by Doug Liman and stars Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton, Jeremy Piven, Jonas Armstrong, Tony Way, Kick Gurry, Franz Drameh, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste. The screenplay was written by Dante Harper, Christopher McQuarrie, and Joby Harold.

Look for the film in theatres on June 6, 2014.

The epic action of Edge of Tomorrow unfolds in a near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world. Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again… and again. But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

It's been awhile since I've posted and just wanted to say, daddy's home!!!! While away, just found another movie on par with the Raid 2!!! Amazing, amazing film all around with great visuals, very anime like but it's smart, very Groundhog day like but with Sci Fi action. Gamers/military personnel will love this movie. Go out and see it!!! Can't wait for OldPangYau to review this!!

another movie on par with the Raid 2!!!

I've been looking forward to this movie since it was announced, but your statement above is bold....

"How can I doubt this young man...."

OpiumKungFuCracker
I've been looking forward to this movie since it was announced, but your statement above is bold....

"How can I doubt this young man...."

Let me know what you think man.

Let me know what you think man.

Will do. I'm seeing it tonight. =D

For me, it's almost a win win situation. Emily Blunt, man. =D

Saw it yesterday:

All You Need is Kill (Edge of Tomorrow) (USA, 2014) [DCP] – 3.5/5

This sci-fi action based on the Japanese manga All You Need is Kill (also the film’s title in Japan) is a rare beast among mega-budget Hollywood films: it’s a plot driven movie. Typically films of this budget are super hero film and/or SFX fests which may feature a story of some sort, but they are based on epic setpieces or familiar characters. All You Need is Kill does feature the former, but it’s mainly based on the plot which is the main attraction. That, with top notch technical execution and unexpectedly solid supporting performance by Emily Blunt makes it an enjoyable film, even if there’s a bit too much repetition in the middle third, and the finale scene takes place in the dark (again?). Also a big plus for featuring Bill Paxton in the kind of role he was born to play: an army commander.

Sadly, the film hasn't been a hit. Perhaps that suggests modern audiences don't feel comfortable with movies that feature a plot anymore.

Archived