The Crazy Instructor aka Snake Fist Dynamo

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Only version I could find is the IFD 'repackage' SFD running 85m.

Is this a fair representation of the original? No cuts, or indeed, cut and paste?

It stars James Yi Lui, the man who makes Dean Shek look like James Stewart! Still, I'd rather see it complete.

Has anyone who is currently active at this board ever sat through the entirety of this film?

Like @Shaolivevil I didn't get far into Snake Fist Dynamo before turning it off, don't recall much in the way of action, just a lot of bad comedy.

Snake Fist Dynamo - This movie is always seems to end up on all of those Kung Fu movie DVD collections, particularly those from Mill Creek. I barely watched 5 minutes of this before I shut it off. It was that awful...

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 1

I watched the first 25 minutes and jumped to the last 20 minutes. The latter featured some okay basher fighting from Lee Ka-Ting and Wong Ching, but the star is essentially worthless. I'd like to understand why his character is so afraid of the lead actress inviting him into her knickers on two occasions. He says it's because he practices the "Virgin Style", but he doesn't know kung fu, he knows he doesn't know kung fu, why keep up the charade when you have a hot girl on your tail. More than Win Them All; From China With Death and Way of the Dragon, this film feels like a prototype for the Seasonal Formula films like Drunken Master. Too bad it's completely worthless as a film and reprehensible for including the scene where our "hero" bites the head off of lizard and chews on it.

• Like 3

I watched the whole movie a while ago. I had bought it because of Adam Cheng only to discover that he has only one or two short scenes and that's all.

I Wasn't already really fond of Yi Lui, but this movie made me almost hate him !!

• Like 2

Cognoscente
On 9/17/2020 at 4:08 PM, DrNgor said:

I'd like to understand why his character is so afraid of the lead actress inviting him into her knickers on two occasions. He says it's because he practices the "Virgin Style", but he doesn't know kung fu, he knows he doesn't know kung fu, why keep up the charade when you have a hot girl on your tail.

Probably because his manhood is small, and he lacks experience.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

Probably because his manhood is small, and he lacks experience.

I can't speak for the first problem, but for the second...if she's coming on to him, he'd just as well let her cowgirl it and that's that.

• Like 2