10,000 Hours (2013)

DiP

An upcoming Filipino political action thriller about a man who has lived his life by the law and for the law. But once he gets betrayed by the law he decides to run away and go into hiding.

Directed by Joyce Bernal and starring action movie vet Robin Padilla, Michael de Mesa, Alden Richards, Bela Padilla, Mylene Dizon, Carla Humphries, Pen Medina and Joem Bascon. Local theatrical release is set to December 25.

wfxdjic2Czg

A1gNWznmcTA

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to catch this during the Metro Manila Film Festival run (from 25th to 27th). Pretty good stuff! It's like watching a mix of Enemy of the State and The Bourne Identity but with less action (I craved for more because the ones existing were well co-ordinated and shot) and more story-driven but damn well told and acted. Something else that struck me was the use of digi-style filming. I'm not a big fan of digital film-making but this is one of few times I've seen it be spaced out and exposed exceptionally without overabused colors/lighting/cinematography we get alot today. The style goes along well with the type of story the movie depicts (corruption in PI politics) and accompanies the realism flawlessly. Along with that, the movie comes with great sound design, editing, music (thumbs up to whoever composed it, truly engrossed me during intense moments) and overall production values. Few complaints though are a bit too much comic relief moments (not needed) and a certain plot twist in the end. Aside these, I'm real impressed. This is another good sign, after the excellent On the Job, of Philippine Cinema greatly improving and growing big.

Rating: 8/10

Archived