Wolves, Pigs, And Men (Fukasaku Classic) Custom Subtitle Project

Yakuza954

hommes.jpg

img_789076_32425789_1.jpg

Wolves, Pigs, and Men (1964), dir. Kinji Fukasaku

Funding has reached its goal. This thread can be locked now

It took more than 3 years, but it's finally happening! Widely considered the greatest Fukasaku film without an English translation, I could not get pass up the opportunity to get this one custom subtitled. 8thSin will be translating the film, and we need to put together a total of $150 to pay for his services. To donate using paypal, please send money to ethsin[at]gmail.com ($10 minimum) and include the title of the movie in the description. I will be responsible for the editing and timing, though I'm always open to volunteers. For any questions related to the project, post in this thread or pm me. Important Note: This film will be uploaded to ADC after translation. If you do not use ADC and still want to make a donation, just tell me your e-mail and I'll send you the DVD once it's ready.

According to Chris D's OUTLAW MASTERS OF JAPANESE FILM:

"Wolves especially is one of the grittiest, angriest yakuza films ever made in Japan. It’s as potent as any of his [Kinji Fukasaku] later mid-seventies pictures, with a lone wolf (Ken Takakura) plotting with his girlfriend (Sanae Nakahara) and an avaricious thug (Shinjiro Ebara) to trick his kid brother’s (Kinya Kitaoji) delinquent gang to help them rip off a money courier at the airport. Things go wrong when Kitaoji’s bunch return to the hideout, with the precious briefcase, before Takakura and discover just how much money was really involved. The kids hide the loot but get caught by Takakura and Ebara, who imprison them in a ramshackle warehouse, torturing them for the money’s whereabouts. Meanwhile, their big brother (Rentaro Mikuni), a member of the gang that’s been ripped off, is pressured to find his brothers and get back the cash. What ensues is a grueling contest of wills as all three brothers have to decide what is ultimately important to them. Events spiral out of control as filial ties crumble, ending in bloody, downbeat fashion. Awe-inspiring, topped off with Isao Tomita’s amazing hybrid score of lounge jazz, Coltranesque squawk and distorted surf guitar."

2large.jpg

kinjidark.jpg

"Donate or else"

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAJIZZARIZZA
hommes.jpg

img_789076_32425789_1.jpg

Wolves, Pigs, and Men (1964), dir. Kinji Fukasaku

Funding has reached its goal. This thread can be locked now

It took more than 3 years, but it's finally happening! Widely considered the greatest Fukasaku film without an English translation, I could not get pass up the opportunity to get this one custom subtitled. 8thSin will be translating the film, and we need to put together a total of $150 to pay for his services. To donate using paypal, please send money to ethsin[at]gmail.com ($10 minimum) and include the title of the movie in the description. I will be responsible for the editing and timing, though I'm always open to volunteers. For any questions related to the project, post in this thread or pm me. Important Note: This film will be uploaded to ADC after translation. If you do not use ADC and still want to make a donation, just tell me your e-mail and I'll send you the DVD once it's ready.

According to Chris D's OUTLAW MASTERS OF JAPANESE FILM:

2large.jpg

kinjidark.jpg

"Donate or else"

What the heck happen to this project ? everyone jumping on Haz ass ,.. what's up with this project started in december... last year

Archived