Tin Hok's bearded character in Roc Tien Peng flicks?

loempiavreter

loempiavreter

Something I was wondering for a long time, is Tin Hok's bearded character from Tien Peng flicks like Relentless Broken Blade, Elimination Pursuit and heaps of others (sometimes played by different actor, which I can't remember... but with the same fur skinned clothes). Is it supposed to be the same character throughout all those flicks? Or where they just re-using the costume like they do with the sets?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yang Wu Liang

The continuity in some of these films is so bad it's hard to know, especially with different translations etc of the character's names, I think Lone Ninja warrior (aka aka An Everlasting Duel aka Thirteen Moon Sword aka Faster Blade, Poisonous Darts aka Flying Swallow's Swords of Death) was a sequel to another (possibly Black Eagle's Blade) as there seems to be some back story to the characters, the names are changed because of the English dub though so who knows?

I'm inclined to think Tin Hok got to choose his own costume and this one was his favourite. :wink:

I read somewhere that Black eagle's blade, Lone ninja warrior and Relentless broken blade were a kind of trilogy, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

loempiavreter

Maybe because it has that kid in the same sort of wooly clothes in there (that dies in Relentless Broken Blade)?

loempiavreter

I want to make a list of all the appereances of this, presumably, the same character:

by Tin Hok:

- Ninja Swords of Death (1978)

- Relentless Broken Blade (1979)

- Wanderer with Nimble Knife (1979)

- Black Eagle's Blades (1981)

- Three Famous Constables (1983)

- Hsiao Eleventh Wolf (1978)???????????????

I'm pretty sure there was another actor dressed completely the same? Anyone have an idea? And which movie is it where this character is wearing a rubber hand?

EDIT:

Beardy!

- Legend of all men are brothers

odioustrident

Unfortunately Hsiao Eleventh Wolf has not appeared yet in these circles. It was only added to HKMDB recently.

I'm sure the character has appeared in other films but I can't remember where. The hand-blade gimmick also appears in Third Sword and Souls of the Sword.

Archived