Game of Death outfit being auctioned...

mpm74

I don't know about you guys, but this jumpsuit doesn't appear to be the original one. Looks kinda off. That would suck if someone bought it for thousands of dollars and it ended up being the outfit from Bruce Le's Enter the Game of Death! lol

Come to think of it, how many of these jumpsuits have been auctioned!? lol There seems to be an auction every year for the same products, and they always look different.

They should auction off Dean Jagger's wax head. "Wax!!!"

I just remember seeing the actual yellow nunchucks somewhere else and they were organically worn out and beat up. The ones pictured here look like they were made yesterday.

17150139.JPG

17150130.JPG

http://www.kboi2.com/news/entertainment/Bruce-Lees-famous-yellow-jumpsuit-up-for-auction-234097141.html

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner
That would suck if someone bought it for thousands of dollars and it ended up being the outfit from Bruce Le's Enter the Game of Death! lol

Or even worse, Uma Thurman's outfit from Kill Bill.

I don't know about you guys, but this jumpsuit doesn't appear to be the original one. Looks kinda off. That would suck if someone bought it for thousands of dollars and it ended up being the outfit from Bruce Le's Enter the Game of Death! lol

Come to think of it, how many of these jumpsuits have been auctioned!? lol There seems to be an auction every year for the same products, and they always look different.

I'm calling Fraud on this one mate. You are correct there were previous auctions- like this one back in 2010:

3535196067945005677.jpg

• Bruce Lee’s “Game of Death” Shoes – Sold For: $12,500

• Bruce Lee “Game of Death” Stunt Double Costume – Sold For: $18,750

Ref: http://elogedelart.canalblog.com/archives/2010/10/10/19287975.html

Sorry but

1. Those were never the shoes

2. The jumpsuit this swindler is holding the black bars are to THICK! This looks like the ones you can find on ebay from cosplay / etc.

This is what Bruce rocked:

284786_140948402655981_100002224677271_246228_4082141_n.jpg

Fucking sickening. And what's this I hear about Taky's certificate of authenticity ? Authenticate the rare Game Footage all-fucking-ready.

Can't believe no one is calling fraud on this. Whatever is being auctioned is replica / cosplay at best.

tfg.jpg

Click here for the video interview.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101241031

In short, the Chairman of Bruce Lee Club in HK claimed some of these items were questionable and thought there was a chance they were fakes. Her response "People who knew Bruce when he wore it... "

The lady's response is she's going by Taky's letter of authenticity. But Kimura gave them to an unidentified collector who is posing the auction, not Kimura. They are expecting to get $32,000 and $39,000. Couldn't tell from mpm's pic but the video confirms it's not the suit.

THE BLACK BARS ARE TOO THICK!

:yociexp107:

Wow. Why would you be fooled into buying this load of fake crap. It hurts to see another way to make money from his name. He has been turned into a very profitable brand which is a shame. Shame on you !

Lol Seriously.

It’s like, there’s only ONE Game of Death suit that ever looked good. It’s the one that Bruce Lee wore. They can’t seem to duplicate it. I believe there’s only one. And it was custom-tailored to fit Bruce Lee’s body to a T.

So if Taky goes around saying Bruce is alive, then we should all believe him because he's Taky?

From the video report this "unidentified collector" received the goods and certificate from Taky. So it looks like this collector is showing the certificate with the cosplay GOD outfit. From what I'm seeing Taky has nothing to do with this auction.

1450815_10151729203081780_1910598540_n.jpg

Ok so they have been told from several sources with clear examples it is not the GOD suit. If they go ahead with the auction they are equally responsible for fraud.

Ok so they have been told from several sources with clear examples it is not the GOD suit. If they go ahead with the auction they are equally responsible for fraud.

"See that Cheng! They're a bunch of crooks"

ahhhhh tat bastards!

I think they bought it from this guy.

Billy Lo!

"See that Cheng! They're a bunch of crooks"

ahhhhh tat bastards!

Hey now, it's too late. Did they drag you out of the house? Of course they didn't!

Biggest difference to me is Lee's bars are THIN and the bottom bars are slightly thinner than the arm/torso bars.

tgtgd.jpg

The auction suit the black bars are thick and the same width

tfg.jpg

Also, the nunchucks are off as well. If you looks at Lee's, they are totally homebrew.

"I'd forget thole whole auction, otherwise, you'll be sorry!"

Also, the nunchucks are off as well. If you looks at Lee's, they are totally homebrew.

You know how many people believe those chucks were real? On the Temple of the Tiger level, you can see the chucks were a rubbery material - they bend when under his arm.

The one-piece suit from “Game of Death”, which was specially designed by a Hong Kong tailor to fit Lee, was sold at the evening auction for HK$780,000 ($100,595) to an anonymous telephone bidder.

His matching yellow nunchaku, also used in the film, sold at HK$540,000 to a collector in the room, where around a dozen bidders were seated.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/05/bruce-lees-famous-yellow-and-black-jumpsuit-fetches-more-than-100000-in-hong-kong-auction/

Vh2ouFAr10s

The original suit, the zipper is not in the front. And washing the suit wouldn't make the black bars larger.

Wouldn`t there be or should`t there be more than one suit anyways? Normally in movies they would make more than one suit/outfit when it involves action. What if the suit gets ripped/torn, etc…??? I have no idea other than just reading about how films are normally made.

Also, that would be one real stinky movie shoot if there was only one suit to begin with. Not that I am saying that this one is the real deal. But, just wondering because if the suit was specifically made for Bruce for the movie then why just make one?

Yang Wu Liang

I should imagine whoever was bidding up to 100,000 dollars and the auction house did a bit of research on whether the items were authentic. If only they'd listened to the Sherlocks on here eh? :crossedlips:

According to this article the suit sold for the equivilent to £60,000. The Nunchakus went to a british guy for £42,500. There were 14 items sold altogether for about £160,000. They were donated by Taky Kamura, George Lee (prop creator on Lee's movies) and members of his family (propably Shannon and/or Linda) who signed certificates of authenticity for all of the lots. Hmm, I'm still not convinced with jump suit though :neutral::khi3f:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/iconic-bruce-lee-yellow-jumpsuit-sells-for-60000-8987908.html

Wouldn`t there be or should`t there be more than one suit anyways? Normally in movies they would make more than one suit/outfit when it involves action. What if the suit gets ripped/torn, etc…??? I have no idea other than just reading about how films are normally made.

Also, that would be one real stinky movie shoot if there was only one suit to begin with. Not that I am saying that this one is the real deal. But, just wondering because if the suit was specifically made for Bruce for the movie then why just make one?

Well he had (at least) TWO pairs of DIFFERENT trainers on in the pagoda scenes so it makes sense to have more than one jumpsuit. I always thought the late Norman Borine owned the / a suit when he had his museum/tours. I read once that it had been washed after filming removing Kareem's footprint...although a faint outline could still be seen.

I think the one that was sold looks too new for a start...

Bruce Lee Club HK had several conversations on facebook and over the phone with the auctioner. There were requests for forensics and comparisons with the film / behind the scenes but they denied. Even got nasty at some point hanging up the phone.

In the end the suit went to an anonymous bidder over the phone. Taky did not endorse this auction. ANOTHER anonymous bidder got the items from Taky with a certificate awhile ago. Then the anon bidder shows these items with the certificate. This is where people believe the suit was replaced with a fake.

Look up bid-rigging. Oldest auction trick in the book. They were gauging how much real people would bid for the items. 3 years ago ANOTHER suit was auctioned and look at the shoes. Even if Bruce had 10 suits - G.O.D. was filmed in pieces over 3 months - none of them had large black bars with the zipper in front.

Bruce Lee Club HK had several conversations on facebook and over the phone with the auctioner. There were requests for forensics and comparisons with the film / behind the scenes but they denied. Even got nasty at some point hanging up the phone.

In the end the suit went to an anonymous bidder over the phone. Taky did not endorse this auction. ANOTHER anonymous bidder got the items from Taky with a certificate awhile ago. Then the anon bidder shows these items with the certificate. This is where people believe the suit was replaced with a fake.

Look up bid-rigging. Oldest auction trick in the book. They were gauging how much real people would bid for the items. 3 years ago ANOTHER suit was auctioned and look at the shoes. Even if Bruce had 10 suits - G.O.D. was filmed in pieces over 3 months - none of them had large black bars with the zipper in front.

Yeah, it seems that some people just get so caught up in the idea of having something that BL actually owned or wore that they may not research it or perhaps they don't really want to know its a fake. As long as they believe it to be real then it is. You know? Not much different than the search for the holy grail or the lost city of atlantis. Either way, its not my money. If someone buys a fake then that is on them. Maybe some of the items are real perhaps not. It would come down to whether or not you believe that the owner is on the up and up. But, I know that if it was me spending that kind of money I would want some kind of authentication. A DNA test, something. haha.

"Young man, supposed these are not authentic items at this auction? Now, would that be such a terrible thing?!"

"I'm Ah Kun... The one with the smart head."

:nerd:

Archived