Ghost Punting (1992)

DiP

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely no English subs on the disc. The video seems remastered. The audio doesn't seem too bad either (says 'stereo', how would I be able to confirm if it's original mono?).

The aspect ratio might be a bit off though. Anyone know what the original aspect ratio is? I had heard it was 1.85:1

Anyone here good with fansubbing? If so, shoot me a PM. Have a few queries.

• Administrator

No English subs? Damn, that's a drag. I was looking forward to up-grading from my cruddy looking VCD. Well, thanks for the info Asmo.

sifu iron perm

was there ever an english dub version available? I could have sworn i once saw a trailer of this with an eng dub track.

looked through some HK forums and they say it's out of synch too

I've read that too, I haven't checked it out all the way yet but if it is I'll work on a fix for it.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Some early '90s Sammo Hung classics are getting the love from fans with improved versions...

So for those that are interested in this film, yes Vicol released their DVD without English subs, and with a bunch of audio-out-of-sync scenes (ruining the fights!). But I have good news: Some of our forum members- let's call them "kung fu guardian angels"- have created a "custom version" that fixes all these problems. It's anamorphic widescreen and has both Cantonese and Mandarin audio. This version is up on ADC and available through fan trades.

This is a fun "Lucky Stars" movie (Sammo Hung, Richard Ng, Eric Tsang, Stanely Fung, Charlie Chin) with typically awesome fights from Sammo. Though to avoid disappointment from action fans, I want to point out that it's much heavier on the comedy side, with just a few fight scenes. But these skirmishes are oh so sweet! :nerd: Besides Sammo, you also get a brutal fight between the stunning Elaine Lui Siu-Ling and Mondi Yau Yuet-Ching that made me blush. Sorry to be such a "typical man", but I couldn't help laughing and shaking my head at Sammo's "slap-PC-in-the-face" up-skirt shots, and gratuitous use of water to soak their clothes during their big fight. :angel:

For another Sammo Hung film "custom version" check this thread on GAMBLING GHOST: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=252502#post252502

ShaOW!linDude
This version is up on ADC and available through fan trades.

I'm down for a trade for this. Been wanting to see it for some time now. Don't know if I have anything anyone wants, but should a fellow forum member have a copy to swap for, please pm me.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I'm down for a trade for this. Been wanting to see it for some time now. Don't know if I have anything anyone wants, but should a fellow forum member have a copy to swap for, please pm me.

I got you covered bro.

But knowing you, you are probably going to hate all the non-action stuff. :xd: Still worth a DVD-R for me to share the fights with you though. :nerd:

ShaOW!linDude
I got you covered bro.

But knowing you, you are probably going to hate all the non-action stuff. :xd: Still worth a DVD-R for me to share the fights with you though. :nerd:

Sweet! I greatly appreciate it, KFB! I don't mind the comedy so much if there's a few bits to make me laugh. I'll suffer thru that for some unseen Sammo choregraphy. :nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Sweet! I greatly appreciate it, KFB! I don't mind the comedy so much if there's a few bits to make me laugh. I'll suffer thru that for some unseen Sammo choregraphy. :nerd:

Right on. But when I look into my crystal ball, I foresee... ShaOW!linDude fast-forwarding through stretches of this film. :xd:

Archived