Re-listed titles.

Milodan

I've just noticed that after a period of being closed for "site maintenance" DDDHouse have re-listed a few Shaw titles as in stock that were OOP. These include The Flying Guillotine 1 & 2, Swordsman & Enchantress, The Vengeful Beauty, Clan Of Amazons & The Jade Tiger.

Does anyone know if these titles have been reprinted or have DDDHouse made a monumental mistake. I ask because I have seen these titles listed on Ebay at £20 minimum.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me an answer.

Peace.

Milodan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say it's worth placing an order to see. They're pretty good with their stock management or at least that's what I've experienced.

I ordered the Fortune Star version of "Tiger on the Beat" two weeks ago and the moment they told me it was no longer in stock it was updated with the same information on the website.

I think that Clan of Amazons has been on there for a while. And, is the Celestial Swordsman & Enchantress anamorphic or non-anamorphic(like the Region 1, sadly)?

To be honest I'm not sure whether its anamorphic or not as the website gives no specifics, but if and when I get it I will let you know.

Peace

Milodan

To be honest I'm not sure whether its anamorphic or not as the website gives no specifics, but if and when I get it I will let you know.

Peace

Milodan

that would be great. thanks. i am thinking about maybe getting it again if it is anamorphic.

The IVL's are plentiful on dvd off line. There are only a few that are really scarce.

I just ordered Secret Service Of The Imperial Court. That has been out of print for a while. Haven't seen that one in Vancouver or Toronto. I hope they have it in stock!

Hey Haz, when you said the IVL's are plentiful off line, what did you mean? I thought they were becoming rarer than hens teeth. QueMuchita, I've always found DDDHouse to give excellent service. I take it you were happy with the movies.

Peace

Milodan

Probably referring to local Chinatown or asian shops. It might depend on where you live I guess. There is not a place like that near me. And, if there was, I would hope that they would only be selling legit releases. But, it is sorta kinda getting hard to locate the legit releases through dependable online retailers. Boots are out there though. For me, a known boot would be the last option. In that case, would rather just download and rip my own disc. And, I have seen a few shady online companies with Shaw releases. Though, I think there are some legit Taiwanese releases still out there through ebay. (If those are rips then they are pro quality and equal any Shaw IVL legit release.)

If you do not need English subs, there have been some releases on blu ray from Japan. And, there are some nice German releases with English subs. Or, one can download from iTunes now. So, not all hope is lost just yet.

Though, I would prefer dvd or blu ray over iTunes anyway. I just don't want downloads to be the only choice. My biggest fear now is that some of the lessor known Shaws will vanish before I get a chance to pick them up. It takes a while and a lot of money to collect some 300-ish or so action/martial arts/horror films. haha. And, already, there are 5 or 6 that I can`t find legit anywhere now.

Happy hunting!

Hey Reason108, I just received the aforementioned movies, Swordsman & Enchantress is labelled as anamorphic, as were the entire bunch.

Peace

Milodan

I confirm that dddhouse is an excellent site, very reliable an di fthere is a problem, it's immediately solved to the customer's advantage.

You should get the Shaws you want from this site while they're still available...

Archived