Road House (2024) - Jake Gyllenhaal, Billy Magnussen, Hannah Love Lanier, Daniela Melchior, Conor McGregor

AlbertV

Well, for those who missed it, there is a new script and a new director since it was first announced. Nick Cassavetes (son of John), a one-time staple of 80's and early 90's B-movie action films (the lead villain in The Wraith, one of the goofball thugs in Blind Fury, and played the male hero lead in Class of 1999 II against Sasha Mitchell's villain), is writing the script and will be directing the film as well. 

If Ronda is going to play Dalton, they should cast Gina in the Sam Elliott role. LOL

Better yet...

Why not cast her as the antagonist So Gina can play in Marshall Teague's role and she can kick Ronda's ass.XD.:hvb_laughing:

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

If Ronda is going to play Dalton, they should cast Gina in the Sam Elliott role. LOL

Why? does she have a pushbroom mustache?

• Haha 1

New update: Doug Liman (Edge of Tomorrow) is in talks to direct the long developed remake and Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to take on the role of Dalton. Gyllenhaal beefed up for Southpaw and did good as a boxer, but he would have to go under some kickboxing training for the role as Swayze did with Benny Urquidez. 

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/road-house-remake-mgm-jake-gyllenhaal-doug-liman-1235109799/

• Like 2

On 10/13/2015 at 5:49 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

If they're going to do a remake, then do one. It doesn't have to be tied to the original necessarily. In fact, I'd almost prefer it not be.

Well, the remake will begin production this month. Here's the plot:
ROAD HOUSE “follows a former UFC fighter who takes a job as a bouncer at a rough-and-tumble roadhouse in the Florida Keys, but soon discovers that not everything is what it seems in this tropical paradise.”

Jake Gyllenhaal is starring in the film with Doug Liman directing. Original RH producer Joel Silver returns to produce it.

Supporting cast includes Billy Magnussen, Daniela Melchior, Gbemisola Ikumelo, Lukas Gage, Hannah Love Lanier, Travis Van Winkle, B.K. Cannon, Arturo Castro, Dominique Columbus, Beau Knapp, and Bob Menery

https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/road-house-opens-its-doors-as-cameras-rolls-for-prime-video-reimagining-of-the-patrick-swayze-action-classic/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

I don't think I've ever had less interest in seeing a film. I love and adore Road House, it is one of my favourite action films. Swayze and Elliott are brilliant together, the script is full of absolute howlers and the fights are well filmed. Why even call this a remake? Is it just the premise of a bouncer at a bar? Because I've seen a hundred movies about that. A money grab, nothing more.

• Like 4

Drunken Monk

Doug Liman's directorial output varies. He's had some classics but he's made some pretty lukewarm films too. I hope he does something new with this narrative. I also hope he gives us something decent as far as action goes. But I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

I'll watch it though, for sure, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

Doug Liman's directorial output varies. He's had some classics but he's made some pretty lukewarm films too. I hope he does something new with this narrative. I also hope he gives us something decent as far as action goes. But I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

I'll watch it though, for sure, 

So everyone knows, this will be an Amazon Prime Video exclusive. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

I don't think I've ever had less interest in seeing a film. I love and adore Road House, it is one of my favourite action films. Swayze and Elliott are brilliant together, the script is full of absolute howlers and the fights are well filmed. Why even call this a remake? Is it just the premise of a bouncer at a bar? Because I've seen a hundred movies about that. A money grab, nothing more.

JCVD would like to have a word with you... :yociexp100:

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Conor McGregor has signed on to play a new original character in the film. 

https://nypost.com/2022/08/04/conor-mcgregor-to-make-acting-debut-alongside-jake-gyllenhaal-in-road-house-remake/

I just got a little less interested in this film. McGregor's surely only on board to get the UFC bro's interested. A good film doesn't need gimmicky casting.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
On 8/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, Drunken Monk said:

I just got a little less interested in this film. McGregor's surely only on board to get the UFC bro's interested. A good film doesn't need gimmicky casting.

Sigh. Don't we get enough movies with MMA style fighting? This will probably be a Tapout film that's not a Tapout film.

• Like 1

I've never watched the original(I really need to though), so I don't really have a dog in this fight. But I'm going to call it that this movie is going to be kind of meh, with fans of the original hating it or being indifferent and new fans just seeing another generic action flick. It will then pass from people's minds with a critic score of 5.0 or below on IMDB. Never to be thought of again. The only good thing that may come from this, is that the original might get a whole new generation of fans from people going to check it out after seeing this one. 

• Like 3

whitesnake
On 10/13/2015 at 10:03 AM, AlbertV said:

And here's something very funny...Taimak (The Last Dragon) starred in an off-Broadway version of Road House...as Dalton!!!

http://images.playbill.com/photo/r/o/roadhouse_1069778482_1071005230.jpg

The full title was: 

Road House: The Stage Version Of The Cinema Classic That Starred Patrick Swayze, Except This One Stars Taimak From The 80's Cult Classic "The Last Dragon"

Taimak writes about his being in the off-Broadway Road House version in his autobiography, Taimak The Last Dragon.

image.png.08e6bd09d51a94084e71243cdec64580.png