The Night Comes for Us (2018)

VenomsFan

mbpk.jpg

Cast: Joe Taslim (the lead), Yayan Ruhian

Producer: Gareth Evans (The Raid)

Director: Timo Tjahjanto (Macabre, KILLERS)

Action Director: Gareth Evans

Screenwriter: Timo Tjahjanto & Gareth Evans

Fighting Choreographer: Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian

Shooting start: February/March 2014

Pre-Production start: Mid-November 2013

Production: XYZ Films & Merantau Films

Distributor: Sony Pictures Classic

sklt.jpg

pkht.jpg

Taslim is the one I want to see. He's got that something more physically. Background in silat and judo. Hopefully they give him a good one with the same crew behind the scenes.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Taslim is the one I want to see. He's got that something more physically. Background in silat and judo. Hopefully they give him a good one with the same crew behind the scenes.

I agree, waiting forever to see the trailer!!!

Hopefully Iko will have a part in the film other than simply Fight choreography. i would like to see him play an evil character

I think the opposite. He should take a backseat to allow the other actors to shine. "The Raid" and, I'm sure, "The Raid 2" give him his spotlight and so I'm interested to see how these less familiar actors carry their own project.

Just re-watched The Raid last night and the fight scene between these two has me geeked for this movie.

Also I agree I hope Iko takes a backseat and lets other talent shine....he seems to be that type of guy from all the interviews...very humble dude.

But why take a world class fighter and sit him? To me that's like having Jerry rice but makin him ride the bench for the game.. Y not put the best u have ok screen? Even it iko has a small role.. We can see all the talents shine if the movie is done right..I see where ur coming from.. But I wouldn't mind watching iko play a villain instead of a good guy..

More Plot Details

The Night Comes for Us is pretty much a Frankenstein story, a guy who's created by the Chinese Mafia to become their number one, who ends up being hunted by them when he's slowly coming to terms of being a protector instead of a killer. It's going to be gloriously brutal. Which is why Gareth is on board for this one as my boss

source: http://monsterpictures.com.au/features/vhs2-with-timo-tjahjanto/

Plot Storyline

Joe Taslim will star as Ito, a Gangland Enforcer who returns to his local crime family in Jakarta after a stint with the notorious South East Asian Triad. He returns to find himself trapped in a word of betrayal and chaos as the Triad is moving towards a bloody campaign of territorial expansion.

Pre-Design Choreo Stills

821669790.jpg?1384419909

821051389.jpg?1384156018

But why take a world class fighter and sit him? To me that's like having Jerry rice but makin him ride the bench for the game.. Y not put the best u have ok screen? Even it iko has a small role.. We can see all the talents shine if the movie is done right..I see where ur coming from.. But I wouldn't mind watching iko play a villain instead of a good guy..

I agree to a point but I can understand them trying to build up other screen fighters so they can have a stable of screen fighters!!

NOW....that being wrote...I would totally dig Iko in any role. Plus we have Yayan who is an awesome screen fighter.

One Armed Boxer

Good news for, well, everyone! Twitch has reported that Julie Estelle, already better known around these parts as Hammer Girl for a movie which hasn't even come out yet, has joined the cast of 'The Night Comes For Us'. Expectations raised accordingly.:bigsmile:

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/03/hammer-girl-joins-timo-tjahjantos-the-night-comes-for-us.html

Good news for, well, everyone! Twitch has reported that Julie Estelle, already better known around these parts as Hammer Girl for a movie which hasn't even come out yet, has joined the cast of 'The Night Comes For Us'. Expectations raised accordingly.:bigsmile:

Yeah, that's her in the pre-concept art Timo put up last year. He tweeted then he was going to have her in this movie after seeing her shoot scenes with Gareth with the hammer. She's at the bottom right holding a crowbar It's preconcept so that detail may change.

mbpk.jpg

OpiumKungFuCracker

I was just about to post that pic. As long as these guys are involved in the film in any way you know it's going to kick hard ass. For those of you guys that keep saying some of the fights look repetitive, I think you need to watch their films again. Merantau/The Raid/The Raid 2 none of the fights look the same can we all agree on that?

One Armed Boxer

Damn, Mike Leeder recently did a roll call of the movies he worked on during 2014 on his Facebook page. I knew it was cause for concern when after he named this movie he put in brackets "Ah what could have been." A real shame.

ShaOW!linDude

You guys are freakin' psychic.:ooh: I was just thinking about this film last night, realizing I'd nothing about it in months, and wondering if it was coming out this year. Uh, guess not. Drag.

• Administrator

Aw FUUUUUUUUDGE! :cry:

Am I the only one that doesn't get it? Are those Twitter posts the only information out there about this? Does anyone know why it was canceled?

sifu iron perm
Aw FUUUUUUUUDGE! :cry:

Am I the only one that doesn't get it? Are those Twitter posts the only information out there about this? Does anyone know why it was canceled?

and the north korea reference is meant to be a joke, right?

One Armed Boxer
and the north korea reference is meant to be a joke, right?

Yeah that's definitely a joke. As they've said it's now going to take the form of a graphic novel instead of a movie, I'd take a guess that it's probably connected to a lack of funding.

Todd Brown over at Twitch had his hand in producing this, so hopefully we'll see a post on their website confirming the details soon.

Yeah that's definitely a joke. As they've said it's now going to take the form of a graphic novel instead of a movie, I'd take a guess that it's probably connected to a lack of funding.

Todd Brown over at Twitch had his hand in producing this, so hopefully we'll see a post on their website confirming the details soon.

Why would they have trouble funding it? Anything related to The Raid 1-2, even in the slightest degree, is a hot commodity. Even Well Go USA bought The Killers, so they would have no problem selling the movie to other markets. All they have to do is slap the words "From the blah blah blah of Raid 2 comes..." and that spells $$$$.

Maybe they should put it on Kickstarter. Worked for The Martial Arts Kid.

I personally think Night got cancelled because everyone associated with it are now pursuing bigger (Hollywood) projects. Just my 2 cents. Just like Bruce did when he dropped Game of Death for Enter.

Graphic novel, huh? Makes sense, since the first promotionals looked like graphic novel art.

One Armed Boxer
Why would they have trouble funding it? Anything related to The Raid 1-2, even in the slightest degree, is a hot commodity. Even Well Go USA bought The Killers, so they would have no problem selling the movie to other markets. All they have to do is slap the words "From the blah blah blah of Raid 2 comes..." and that spells $$$$.

Good point, but didn't 'The Raid 2' underperform at the US box office, to such a degree that the original actually did better? So I wouldn't say mentioning it would necessarily guarantee funding.

I personally think Night got cancelled because everyone associated with it are now pursuing bigger (Hollywood) projects. Just my 2 cents. Just like Bruce did when he dropped Game of Death for Enter.

Interesting perspective, but it was Merantau Films (Gareth Evan's production company) & XYZ Films (Todd Brown's production company) who were behind this, both of which have become pretty respected in the action movie industry, and which we can probably presume will also be behind future projects of all who were going to be involved. So abandoning the production would kind of be like biting the hand that feeds. Perhaps I'm just an optimist, and the positive side of me doesn't want your theory to be real reason why it was cancelled.