Blu-ray case alternatives for Bruce Lee movies

mpm74

As a graphic designer, with years and years of experience, I think it’s time. I was originally going to do it for myself, but I figure some of you guys may want some as well.

I recently ordered HK versions of the Bruce Lee posters (TBB, FOF and WAY), and I’ll be making some custom Blu-ray cases featuring the original Chinese Golden Harvest artwork). I’ll have to modify the artwork a bit (to fit in the front size of a Blu-ray case; because poster size is obviously longer vertically). They'll be designed with care (I won't be just stretching stuff into place).

How many of you would be interested in these? The first one I’ll be working on is The Big Boss, then FOF, then Way. (I still have to get posters for the original HK Enter and GOD).

I plan on selling them (with the Blu-ray cases) at a fair price (I’m thinking $5-6 a pop, plus shipping and handling. And they will come with the Blu-ray case; the price really depends on how cheap I can find Blu-ray keep cases for). They will be printed on high quality paper from a $15,000 printer (courtesy of my workplace), and of course, high dpi, so they’ll look like they came off a real press from a real distributor. The spines will have the Golden Harvest logo so they’ll look sweet and aligned with one another.

They will be universal (not tagged for any particular Blu-ray version i.e. it doesn’t matter if you have the Shout!, Japanese or Chinese versions).

Again, I stress, these are JUST the Blu-ray cases and artwork. Not the movies!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of you would be interested in these? The first one I’ll be working on is The Big Boss, then FOF, then Way.

I might be interested in a FOF one.

As a graphic designer, with years and years of experience, I think it’s time. I was originally going to do it for myself, but I figure some of you guys may want some as well.

I recently ordered HK versions of the Bruce Lee posters (TBB, FOF and WAY), and I’ll be making some custom Blu-ray cases featuring the original Chinese Golden Harvest artwork). I’ll have to modify the artwork a bit (to fit in the front size of a Blu-ray case; because poster size is obviously longer vertically). They'll be designed with care (I won't be just stretching stuff into place).

How many of you would be interested in these? The first one I’ll be working on is The Big Boss, then FOF, then Way. (I still have to get posters for the original HK Enter and GOD).

I plan on selling them (with the Blu-ray cases) at a fair price (I’m thinking $5-6 a pop, plus shipping and handling. And they will come with the Blu-ray case; the price really depends on how cheap I can find Blu-ray keep cases for). They will be printed on high quality paper from a $15,000 printer (courtesy of my workplace), and of course, high dpi, so they’ll look like they came off a real press from a real distributor. The spines will have the Golden Harvest logo so they’ll look sweet and aligned with one another.

They will be universal (not tagged for any particular Blu-ray version i.e. it doesn’t matter if you have the Shout!, Japanese or Chinese versions).

Again, I stress, these are JUST the Blu-ray cases and artwork. Not the movies!

Sounds fab!, I would love to buy copies of them! Put a set aside for me! :wink:

I am sure plenty of people will be interested in buying them, this what today's releases lack! we want original artwork! :bigsmile:

Could you show us the artwork you have in mind?

The original HK artwork I will use are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of_Fury

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Boss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_the_dragon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_death

http://www.amazon.com/DRAGON-chinese-poster-martial-MASTER/dp/B00B914NNO

Again, I’m not going to just slap it on and call it a day.

Everything will be done professionally. Nothing stretched, no bitmapping, no low-res imaging… etc. From the spines (which will have the beautiful “G” Golden Harvest logo ie kind of like the IVL Shaw spine) to the back cover design (I have some ideas in my head), I’m sure most will be pleased.

I don’t expect many people to be interested until they see the one I have completed.

I know some of the Japanese artwork is better (opinion of course), but I want to keep it in the hometown of Hong Kong.

"You know something cousin? I don't believe you."

:nerd:

I want a set.

:tongue:

These would go great with my K & R blu rays, HK themed and all.

"That makes me feel better."

"Then it's all settled... and so the two of us can disappear, first thing tomorrow morning, no one suspects a thing."

"Do want you want, you are a fool! The police will not let you!" Lol:bigsmile:

I’ve thought about that. And I’ve also thought about all the reproduction posters for sale (using the same artwork); and they’re all getting away with selling them for a hefty price. Besides, I’m not making a profit. The cost basically covers my time, the materials and the case. And these are for those who already bought the licensed Blu-rays.

This is basically a fan-made, profit-free project.

Awesome news! Go for it, mate. I'll buy them all.

I recently made alternative DVD covers using the English poster artwork. Did you see those?

brucedisplay.jpg

I recently made alternative DVD covers using the English poster artwork. Did you see those?

brucedisplay.jpg

Actually, no! Wow! Great work! That’s the first time I saw those. They look great. =D I was always a fan of those english posters. =D What do the backs look like?

Why do you gotta steal my heat? ;) jk

"Then it's all settled... and so the two of us can disappear, first thing tomorrow morning, no one suspects a thing."

"Fung Wai Shur...... coooooooooooo-ut!"

Thanks! Like yours, I wanted them to be universal, so I kept it pretty simple. Or you could call it laziness! :xd:

I pretty much just copied the VHS artwork. Anyway, check 'em out!

If you're not familiar with Dropbox, please DO NOT right click and save the image as you will be getting a low quality preview. Use the download button in the top right hand corner.

Fist of Fury

Game of Death

The Big Boss

Way of the Dragon

brucedisplay.jpg

that face on big boss.. haha wtf?

Thanks! Like yours, I wanted them to be universal, so I kept it pretty simple. Or you could call it laziness!

I pretty much just copied the VHS artwork. Anyway, check 'em out!

If you're not familiar with Dropbox, please DO NOT right click and save the image as you will be getting a low quality preview. Use the download button in the top right hand corner.

Thanks. They look really nice. Got it.

In this case, "lazy" works to our advantage, since there are so many versions of the damn discs that we can just settle for the credits and runtime. =D

I’ve thought about that. And I’ve also thought about all the reproduction posters for sale (using the same artwork); and they’re all getting away with selling them for a hefty price. Besides, I’m not making a profit. The cost basically covers my time, the materials and the case. And these are for those who already bought the licensed Blu-rays.

This is basically a fan-made, profit-free project.

I was only kidding you mate!:wink:

Archived