Firestorm (2013)

AlbertV

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The U.S. DVD and Blu-Ray for FIRESTORM comes out September 23. Blu-Ray extras are the making of the film, the Well Go trailer and some previews.

Here's my review of both the movie and Blu-Ray

http://albertvfilm.blogspot.com/2014/08/firestorm-2013-movie-and-us-blu-ray.html

I appreciate your in depth review. Don't really agree with it but It was a fun read. Didn't know the back story the North Street scene. Very interesting. I do think the film is needed to be seen if for nothing else the indeed epic final scene.

I just this second got done with this film and didn't feel it was bad at all. Much better than the dismal, "The White Storm."

I did need to me tighter and cut out a lot of the melodrama because, if it focused more on being an action film than a weird hybrid, it would have been an amazing piece of mindless entertainment.

The shootouts were fantastic, silly CGI and all. There's nothing like watching people just shoot the shit out of each other. That finale alone is is a good enough reason to watch the film.

No perfect and definitely a little saggy in places, but "Firestorm," all in all, was a pretty fun watch. I'd recommend it.

Okay, I just watched this film. Let me start off by saying that the final shootout was fantastic. Easily worth the price of...well, free streaming on netflix. I loved the energy of the finale, but the final ironic twist I did NOT like...

*Spoiler alert* What is it with people in movies always getting hit by a speeding van/truck/semi that comes out of nowhere? I'm getting sick of this lazy trick to deal with characters that movies don't want to kill...at least at the hands of the protagonist. If there's one thing movies teach us, it's look both ways before crossing the street. But even then, a van will no doubt come out of nowhere and knock you out of your shoes. Dangerous place, roads...

Anyways, I felt like something was lacking in the first half. I didn't care much about what was going on on-screen. The one guy got a job as a cook I guess, but you hardly see this. You also don't see much of his relationship with his long-suffering girlfriend. Only when they decided to do something interesting with Andy Lau's character did I start to get into it more. That final set-piece was something special though. Great action scenes in a decent enough film. I think I might enjoy this one more on repeat viewings. Some nice cinematography as well.

Now, who can hook me up with a copy of The White Storm so I can compare the two??!? :tongue:

Archived