Marvel Announce 4 TV Shows - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Jessica Jones

Karlos

I saw the first 2 episodes of Iron Fist season 2 on Saturday and I have to say, I already like it better than season 1. Clayton Barber's action definitely makes Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick look much better and the stories themselves are quite intriguing (Davos still having a grudge against Danny to Colleen on a quest to re-discover her past pre-Hand via a box with the family crest). The stuff in the trailer is actually seen in the first two episodes so it leaves much more room. The flashbacks of Danny vs. Davos are great to watch and we are introduced to a new potential villain in Typhoid Mary, played by Alice Eve, who seems to have an obsession with Danny. I'll have to find time to finish the rest of the season this week.

• Like 3

Article on Collider.com - http://collider.com/daredevil-season-3-trailer-vincent-donofrio/

"So far, trailers, teasers, and posters for Daredevil Season 3 have all mostly promised darkness... even a return to the all-black ninja look for Matt Murdock...  Well, finally, noted fashion icon Wilson Fisk (Vincent D'Onofrio) is here to lighten things up again.  A new teaser for the upcoming season sees Fisk donning his finest white suit and trademark cufflinks for his return to New York City.  Season 3 seems to be leading to a showdown between a fresh-out-of-jail Fisk and a Matt Murdock with no more prayers to give... While Daredevil and his fellow Defenders have been dealing with a pesky ninja death cult, Fisk - Matt's real archenemy - has been behind bars biding his time.  Now, armed with countless hours of stewing and several dozen ways to pronounce the name 'Vanessa'", the former Kingpin of Crime has found a way to come back, even stronger."  

• Like 3

BTW, the fake Daredevil is confirmed to be none other than Bullseye (Wilson Bethel)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

By no means, an Iron Fist fanboy, so I'm coming from a very different point of view on the series. It's being enjoyable so far(Im upto Episode 5), though I can see why some people have been critical. There's some pacing isues in some episodes, maybe they were stretching one episodes budget, into two?. It's clear Finn Jones isnt a serious Martial Artist, though he easily pulls of of the likable Buddhist influenced character of Danny Rand. I wonder if they have kept the hero, from doing a lot of action, due to him still under-going off screen training at the same time?. Jessica Henwick really steals the show, as the nice natured, but deadly Martial Arts Teacher Colleen Wing. In fact, she leaves more an impression actionwse too, and carries a few episodes. Of the fights with the Iron Fist character, that stood out to me. Are the elevator encounter, with the hatchet gang, and the fight in the cargo freight.

Miss Henwick, as Samurai swording carrying Colleen Wing.

MV5BMjEyNDkxODkwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcy

• Like 3

https://io9.gizmodo.com/holy-cow-iron-fist-has-been-cancelled-by-netflix-1829723063?rev=1539392879222&utm_source=io9_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_twitter

Haven`t seen season 1 as it looks fairly unimpressive and word is around it sucks and ssn2 should be improvement. Had plans to pick them at same time eventually but I guess can forget that for good. No point anymore as seems ends to massive cliffhanger...

From few tube clips can make opinion actor for Iron Fist was completely unconvincing if been fan of IF comics.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Netflix have concalled the Third Season of Iron Fist, according to the folliwng article. Or maybe their abit sour over Disney setting up a rival service?.

Link- https://geektyrant.com/news/netflix-cancels-iron-fist-but-it-may-continue-on-disneys-streaming-service

iron-fist1.jpg?w=1000

Well, the second season was a quite an improvement...until I was disappointed with the final episode. I wonder what's now in store for the character. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Well, the second season was a quite an improvement...until I was disappointed with the final episode. I wonder what's now in store for the character. 

ABout halfway through the first season, I dont BINGE watch stuff, which is to stop meburning out on a show, before its over.

The first season has its issues, but I like the comments on big corporations and how they operate. I'm also not cming into the show, with any pre-conceived ideas about the IronFist character. Finn Jones is likeable eough as the character, but he lacks the skill set needed for the fights. Which you could overlook, if this wasnt a Martial Arts themed show at its core.

33 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Finn Jones is likeable eough as the character, but he lacks the skill set needed for the fights. Which you could overlook, if this wasnt a Martial Arts themed show at its core.

I have to agree, I liked him as a character, but while they should have cast someone with better martial arts skills *cough*Christian Howard*cough*, from both The Defenders and season 2, looks like Jones continued his training because it was quite an improvement. I read that Jessica Henwick's martial arts teacher was British-born former Hong Kong actor turned stunt coordinator Jude Poyer.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, AlbertV said:

Luke Cage will not get a season 3...the series has been cancelled. 

https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-cage-cancelled-marvel-netflx-mike-colter-cheo-hodari-coker-1202486487/

Ok, first Iron Fist and now this?, has Marvel reached its over-saturation point?.

Just three episodes left to watch, from the first season of Iron Fist. David Wenham who plays Harold Meachum, is competing with actress Wai Ching-Ho(Madame Goa), for best best actor in the series. Wenhams portrayal of the demented immmortal villain, is slowly stealing the show for me.

On 10/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, AlbertV said:

Luke Cage will not get a season 3...the series has been cancelled. 

https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-cage-cancelled-marvel-netflx-mike-colter-cheo-hodari-coker-1202486487/

Can`t say sorry about this. Watched season 1 so far and not sure about #2. Slowburner and with some minor changes to scrip it could be just any crimedrama, not much power man stuff there. Very bad final episode when it came to showdown. Even cliffhangers uninteresting...

Wonder if jessican jones is on chopping block in near future, but daredevil and punisher likely/hopefully go strong...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Ok, first Iron Fist and now this?, has Marvel reached its over-saturation point?.

A rumor going around is when Disney launches its streaming service next year, they may bring Iron Fist and Luke Cage back as the Heroes for Hire. But that's all spec as of now.

• Like 2

Daredevil season 3 has been strong so far. I have some major qualms with DD's fighting abilities but, otherwise, it's been engaging and the action has been pretty solid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

Wonder if jessican jones is on chopping block in near future, but daredevil and punisher likely/hopefully go strong...

This show will run for at least another season, I thin there filming it at the moment.

• Like 1

I finished Daredevil Season 3 last night, really enjoyed it. 

I'm one actually hoping that both Iron Fist and Luke Cage actually continue on, on the new Disney streaming service. At the very least, it would be also great to see the characters continue on in a 'Heroes for Hire' series. 

• Like 3

Ok, so I completed the first season last night, by watching the last two episodes back to back. Not half as bad as I expected, but at the same time, it's clear to see why some people didnt take it. If I'd gotten into the comics first, I'm sure I would have already had my image of Iron Fist, and how he should be portrayed. That said, I still think Finn Jones was mis-cast, but hey, who's gonna tunr down the lead in a Marvel T.V show, considering the business there doing right now?. They tried every trick in the book to hide his lack of skils, with fights in darkened spaces etc. There was interesting/alternative take on the Drunken Master character, which I realy liked, though many fans were hating on it. Sure the actor who portrayed the DM, was English?, but I'd never seen him before.The majority of the shows content is PG, while at its most extreme, it goes X-Rated with its violence. It's like Disney were unsure if they wanted it to be for kids, or make it a full blown adult show?. There's no nudity or grapic sexual content, the bad language is pretty mild too, when compared to other shows. David Wenhans performance remains the real high-light for me, and I plan to get round to Season 2 at some point. Actor Wenham needs to play more villians on screen, are you listening Hollywood?.

Chris Wenham, as the unstable immortal businessman Henry Meachum.

ironfist-fellingtreewithroots14a.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Apologies, if Jessica Jones has its own thread?, but the show has just been axed by Netflix, does this just leave Daredevil?.

Nope. All of them have gone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Apologies, if Jessica Jones has its own thread?, but the show has just been axed by Netflix, does this just leave Daredevil?.

As @Drunken Monk said, all of Netflix's Marvel shows are cancelled. Here's the article from Forbes Magazine as confirmation:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/02/18/netflix-has-cancelled-the-punisher-and-jessica-jones-completing-its-marvel-extermination/#48b8f4076a15

• Like 2