Marvel Announce 4 TV Shows - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Jessica Jones

Karlos

First official stills of Jessica Jones, which features both Jessica and Luke Cage (who is on fire in the second photo)

DCpVWro.jpg

iZ7AUUH.jpg

And here's a photo of Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle (The Punisher) on the set of Daredevil from JustJared

CJo83MKVAAAoIoq.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I don't have high hopes for this mini series.I'm still going to watch but the casting for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones characters aren't exactly my cup of tea.I was hoping for actors more older and who looked the part.I think Eliza Dushku and Terry Crews would've nailed those respective roles.

Just Sayin'....?

A major major rumor has arrived this weekend!!!

The possible bad news: Iron Fist may NOT be joining the Defenders, as they are having issues with how to bring him into the mix and then there is the casting of the character as well...

However, with bad news in this case, there are two possible good news:

Jon Bernthal's Punisher may replace Iron Fist as the fourth of The Defenders...and...

Netflix and Marvel may actually make Iron Fist a feature-length film!!!

Remember, these are just rumors and spec as of right now.

Who started watching Jessica Jones? My mom and I caught the first episode last night and now, watching episode 2....she is really screwed up, but Krysten Ritter is pretty good as the super-powered PI with PTSD.

Okay, here's some official news regarding my last post:

Iron Fist is still in development at Marvel as part of the four-pack of series, Joe Quesada officially made that confirmation. As for The Punisher, Quesada said as of right now, they don't know where it will go beyond Daredevil, but he thinks fans will be impressed with Jon Bernthal's take on the character.

Talk about teasing everyone....Iron Fist has (finally?!) been cast....but they are not revealing who yet! (Damn it!). Luke Cage himself, Mike Colter revealed the news while Marvel announced a writer for the series.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41073/marvel-netflix-set-iron-fist-star-writer

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

irdzT3v.jpg

Sigourney Weaver will play the villain of the series, who is named Alexandra.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Not excited about IF trailer, guy who plays iron fist is completely unimpressive. That does not mean series necessary suck tho...Again, wait and see...

• Like 3

I can certainly see where you're coming from, Tex. 

I found the previous trailer much more impressive, but I have a feeling this new one is pulling it's punches in showing the action and focusing more on the story.

I remain hopeful.

• Like 3

I did see a much more positive review earlier today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The term "whitewashing" has reared it's head once more.  I dunno, in this case I just don't get it, but clearly people are upset.

• Like 3

Interesting clip, which gives me hope this is not the trainwreck mainstream (and there's a clue...) reviewers are saying it is.

(Comic-book oriented sites are giving the first 6 episodes much more positive reviews, for the most part).

• Like 3

"...It’s immediately disheartening to see a western surfer-dude instruct an Asian-American (one who even owns her own dojo!) in what she’s doing wrong and offer to teach her how to be better. "

I've seen this sentiment expressed in other reviews and it's plain wrong.  Just wrong.

• Like 3

Anyone else on here watching Iron Fist?

Am 3 episodes in, and I'm hooked.

Not sure why the critics gave it such a hammering - sure it's not perfect, like all the other Marvel Netflix shows, but it's comparable in quality overall to the others.

Hope you cats like it as much as I do.

• Like 6