Marvel Announce 4 TV Shows - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Jessica Jones

Karlos

Marvel has just announced that Hollywood veteran Scott Glenn has joined the cast of DAREDEVIL as Stick, the mysterious martial artist who will become Daredevil's mentor.

Terence Stamp played the role in the 2005 spin-off ELEKTRA. Glenn has done a martial arts film back in the 80's with Toshiro Mifune, THE CHALLENGE (Steven Seagal was a fight choreographer on the film before his action star career began)

Here it is...the first official photo of Charlie Cox as Daredevil. He will be sporting a black costume that was taken from the comic series DAREDEVIL: MAN WITHOUT FEAR. However, don't worry fans...they did announce he will eventually wear the famous red costume.

5439aa6fceaf8jpg-45c466__span.jpg

For those who may not remember, Rex Smith of STREET HAWK fame wore the same suit when he played Matt Murdock in the TV-movie THE TRIAL OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK in 1989.

Secret Executioner

Rather than complain, I'd be grateful - they could have used the black and YELLOW costume DD originally wore in the early comics. :xd:

ShaOW!linDude
Rather than complain, I'd be grateful - they could have used the black and YELLOW costume DD originally wore in the early comics. :xd:

And I'd actually like to see him start with that for nostalgia's sake.:nerd:

I have to admit I like the black ninja-esque costume...I wasn't complaining...I know some have the possibility of complaining. I'm all for the evolution :)

The latest from Dark Horizons on Jessica Jones and Luke Cage:

Marin Ireland ("The Divide"), Krysten Ritter ("Breaking Bad"), Alexandra Daddario ("Texas Chainsaw 3D"), Teresa Palmer ("Warm Bodies") and Jessica De Gouw ("Dracula") are all reportedly on the list of actresses testing for the lead in Marvel/Netflix's "Jessica Jones" TV series.

Melissa Rosenberg is producing the thirteen-episode drama which marks the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal. Whomever gets the part will play a superheroinne suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.

It has also been reported that Lance Gross ("Crisis") and Mike Colter ("The Good Wife") are in consideration for the role of Luke Cage. Cage will appear in approximately half the episodes of "Jessica Jones" ahead of starring in his own series.

That "Luke Cage" series will be the fourth of the Netflix/Marvel deal and will follow after "Iron Fist" but before the mini-series event "The Defenders" which brings together characters from the four shows for a miniseries to close out the storylines.

It looks as if the couple of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have been cast:

Krysten Ritter is set to play Jessica Jones and Mike Colter is set to play Luke Cage...

Now...who the heck is going to play Iron Fist?!

The latest on Daredevil, shooting has been completed and while Matt Murdock will start with the black ninja-like outfit, it has been confirmed that by the end of the series, he will sport the red outfit.

ShaOW!linDude
I'm totally watching it all in a weekend haha. Looking forward to this one!

I'm down!!! Hope this delivers, or I"ll be miffed.

Major rumor going around...a certain new "Kickboxer" may be playing Iron Fist! A tease was revealed on said actor's Facebook page :)

Intriguing.

Some people on other forums have gone ahead and presumed he’s going to be either a stunt man or the stunt double for the actual Iron Fist actor on the show, but we’ll see.

He sure looks the part, and going with a relative unknown is not out of the question.

(maybe it’s a UK thing – I have no idea who the actors are who’ve been cast to play Luke Cage, Jessica Jones or Matt Murdock. And that’s fine – I’m sure they’ll all be great. )

The big casting news over here was yesterday when sites reported David Tennant IS The Purple Man, a villain on the Jessica Jones show.

Yeah, he debunked the rumor, but I have to agree Karlos. Alain would be a good Danny Rand/Iron Fist.

Interestingly enough, Alain is a stuntman with "Kickboxer" being his first major lead role. However, this could just be the start of things. I think he should be considered for the role.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones has found its lead villain and the title character's best friend.

Doctor Who favorite David Tennant has signed on to play the villain known as "The Purple Man" in the series and Rachael Taylor will play Jessica's best friend, "Patsy" Walker, who in the comics is known as the heroine Hellcat. Here, Walker will be a radio host who helps Jessica with her cases.

As a jaded old fan boy, I gotta say, this looks fantastic.

And all episodes available on the same day?!

Looks like I'll be taking a day off work to marathon the whole season.

Secret Executioner

Doesn't sound bad. Are the Netflix shows linked to the Marvel Cinematic Universe ? Cause it would be nice to have DD in the movies.

More AKA Jessica Jones casting:

Former Power Ranger Eka Darville (RPM Red Ranger) will play Jessica's neighbor Malcolm.

Erin Moriarty will play a young woman who becomes a client of Alias Investigations (Jessica's private detective company)

Wil Traval will play a by-the-book NYPD officer who takes his job very seriously.