Two More Horror Reboots on the Way

AlbertV

Dark Horizons has reported that there are two more horror reboots on the way. The first is Pet Semetary, to be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo. The second is the cult classic Sleepaway Camp, to be produced by original director Robert Hitzik, Jeff Katz, and original film star Felissa Rose.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm actually looking forward to these two movies. I mean there not like masterpieces by any right especially sleepaway camp, lol.

When I first saw Sleepaway Camp,(Thanks to my friend's irresponsible older brother who thought it would be cool to let 2 9 year-olds watch a horror flick.) it gave me nightmares for about a year. I watched it again when I was 30 and although its camp value took much of the sting out if it, it is still unsettling. I couldn't get Angela's Theme out of my head for weeks...

My late uncle used to bring videotapes for me to borrow on the weekends when I was 13...usually it was kung fu movies, but one weekend, he decided to lend me his copy of Sleepaway Camp (at the time I was heavily into horror films). I was shocked at the ending and like Shaolivevil, Angela's song never left me head...

then I recently saw the two Pamela Springsteen-led sequels and laughed at the way the deaths were handled....talk about cheesy.

I have yet to see Return to Sleepaway Camp....Wal-Mart had it for $5.00 on DVD.

Archived