Bruce Lee Fan? Interesting Read.

NuTTy

Am a dedicated Bruce Lee fan who has read most if not all that has been written about him. Most you take with a pinch of salt. There is some that might have already read this book but if you haven't have a read and make your own conclusion to share on this thread. A open debate if you like. As Far as am aware this book was written at the time Dragon the Bruce Lee story came into play, This was written by Linda Lee's ex husband who happened to be a close friend of Bruce. They fell in love while writing this book. Got divorced because of it.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmemberfiles.freewebs.com%2F79%2F22%2F75842279%2Fdocuments%2FUNSETTLEDMATTERS.pdf&ei=ZqppUvvMOqLb0QWFo4HoDA&usg=AFQjCNE9B9OPEMRTvKQvkzHvkCeZnDuKcg&bvm=bv.55123115,d.d2k

Disussion is now open :bigsmile:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol awesome. I remember selling my OOP autographed copy for like $200 on ebay. Now I have it again, free of charge!

As for the book's content, I'm sorta neutral. I believe a lot of what's said in the book, at the same time, I believe things are stretched as well. Linda Lee had the book pulled from the market, so there is obviously something in the book that's not far from the truth.

It's good that a book was made that doesn't paint him the same way every other book does, that's' for sure.

Skimmed through some of this... the Game of Death section was amusing, with Bleecker saying that the yellow jumpsuit "hung on him like a wet dishrag..." Please, compared with all of the impersonators, he wore it best. And then comes "...hardly coincidental that Game of Death was the only film starring Bruce Lee in which he did not appear bare-chested." This is true... but he only filmed a minor portion! Hell, in some of the behind the scenes shots, he does indeed have the top of the suit off, and he still looks just as fit as he did in Way of the Dragon!

Us true Lee fans know he wasn't a saint (the recreational drug use is nothing new), but some of this stuff seems to glaze past the facts. No wonder this book has been considered so controversial.

I thought it was a good read. Did get the feeling he had other motives tho.

The novel he wrote "Tea Money" is based on the death Bruce Lee (names are changed so he didn`t get sued), Thats a good read too.

I have only read 10 or so pages, but I get the idea that this book simply paints the picture that Bruce Lee was human, just like you and me.

I thought it was a good read. Did get the feeling he had other motives tho.

The novel he wrote "Tea Money" is based on the death Bruce Lee (names are changed so he didn`t get sued), Thats a good read too.

I'll Deffo give that a read. thx :smile:

Archived