Best dvd version of these...

TibetanWhiteCrane

TibetanWhiteCrane

Goodbye, My Friend 1988 (Chow Yun Fat, Kenneth Tsang) Any version at all?

Stone Age Warriors 1991 (Fan Siu Wong, Elaine Lui)

Taxi Hunter 1993 (Anthony Wong) I believe there's an R1 version of this...

Rock N' Roll Cop 1994 (Anthony Wong)

Thanks...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a) best Version is the HK Laserdisc. most likely there's some renamed bad bootlegs out on US DVD

B) best Version is the US Laserdisc (1.85 crop from 2.35). HK LD is horrid dead center crop. any DVD? maybe bootlegs from above Version (if that good at all)

c) yes, US DVD

d) OS DVD, edited for Violence, LD is longer in these Scenes...

so you got 3 losers and 1 winner at hand.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah, I didn't expect much. Thanks, spannick.

Weird that Rock N' Roll Cop don't have a decent release, this was a much touted flick in the 90's... oh well.

Guest Markgway

I believe the HK LD of RNRC has restored bloodshed but is missing a shot of a gun being pointed at a woman's crotch.

IIRC, back in 1995/6 UK's Channel 4 showed the full uncut version. That's never been made available on video or disc anywhere, though.

TibetanWhiteCrane
I believe the HK LD of RNRC has restored bloodshed but is missing a shot of a gun being pointed at a woman's crotch.

Not sure I can live without that:smile:

No, seriously... im not super fuzzed about minor cuts, im more interested in A/V quality.

But yeah, since im mostly into collecting originals, I guess Taxi Hunter is the only one of those that are available outside of dvd-r.

Goodbye, My Friend was put out by Xenon (bootleg label) as Shanghai Killer. I have the VHS and it was one of Xenon's better releases, as it was letterboxed and subtitled. Not sure if they did a DVD though and it would probably look awful.

Bonzai Media (another bootleg label) had a DVD of Stone Age Warriors. Pretty terrible sound/picture quality and had white burned on subs that are impossible to read at times. Probably ripped from the Hong Kong laserdisc Spannick mentioned.

stoneage4.jpg

TibetanWhiteCrane

Best versions and any thoughts on these Anthony Wong flicks are much appreciated...

STING OF THE SCORPION 1992

LOVE TO KILL 1993

3 DAYS OF A BLIND GIRL 1993

BEYOND THE COPLINE 1993

BOMB DISPOSAL OFFICER: BABY BOMB 1994

COP IMAGE 1994

Thanks...

STING OF THE SCORPION 1992

Average early 90's low budget cop action. The DVD from WA (Mainland company) is Mandarin only.

sting5.jpg

3 DAYS OF A BLIND GIRL 1993

Excellent movie. Starts out as standard T&A/exploitation (not Cat III but close) but turns into a solid suspense/thriller picture. Deltamac's DVD is decent.

3days5.jpg

BOMB DISPOSAL OFFICER: BABY BOMB 1994

Good comedy, no real action scenes to speak of though. I saw this on VHS.

BEYOND THE COPLINE 1993

Very average undercover cop movie, with the one thing of note being a very nasty rape scene where Anthony Wong uses a cucumver on his victim. Also saw this on VHS.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks, Neil... so # days is the only one with a decent dvd release. Damn, 2013 and HK movie fans still have to settle for LD rips and such. Mainstream movie fans have it so easy....

Archived