Favorite Ryoo Seung-wan Movie?

One Armed Boxer

What's your favorite Ryoo Seung-wan movie?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Ryoo Seung-wan movie?

• The Berlin File (2013)
    • The Unjust (2010)
    • Dachimawa Lee (2008)
    • The City of Violence (2006)
    • Crying Fist (2004)
    • Arahan (2003)
    • No Blood, No Tears (2002)
    • Die Bad (2000)

One Armed Boxer

Ryoo Seung-wan is arguably one of the most prolific directors working in Korea at the moment, dating back to his feature length debut 'Die Bad' in 2000 to his latest 'The Berlin File', his work always promises something new and original.

I think it's also worth noting that with the exception of 'The Unjust', Seung-wan also wrote all of the movies he directed, often featuring his brother Ryoo Seung-beom in a central role, and frequently enlisting Korea's top action director Jeong Doo-hong to deliver on the thrills.

I was curious to know, in your opinion what do you consider to be his best movie? For me I'll go with 'No Blood, No Tears' from 2002. It's a movie that combines a classic heist plot, while providing some pretty raw and intense action, with the added rarity of the two leads being female (played by Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Hye-yeong).

For those who are fans of Seung-wan's action style, it's also worth checking out his Kane Kosugi starring short film 'Timeless', which was made as a promotion for Motorola back in 2009.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The City of Violence because it's the best of what he's learned in the prior films.

The Berlin File is Ryoo Seung-wan's next level, so I'm sure his next best is coming soon.

Noelle Shadow Kick
I actually really enjoyed crying fist!

Me too! I really enjoyed the structure of the film (how it followed both men separately until they fight at the end) and the performances were great. I would reccommend this to everyone.

Archived