SWORD MASTERS: Legend of the bat

bobo

theThirdMaster

I have purchased both of these DVDs.

Just to clarify, the Death Duel release is definitely not anamorphic (despite the back of the case stating '16:9 WIDESCREEN'). It's 4:3 letterboxed. However, what is even more infuriating is the subtitles have moved further down the picture than the IVL release. What this means is if you have setup your player/television to properly zoom in on the picture, you will not be able to see the subtitles as they will appear below the screen. On the IVL release, the subtitles are located within the frame of the movie, so this is not an issue. Death Duel comes with 2 audio tracks: 5.1 and stereo, both in Chinese. No English dub. English subtitles are the only available subtitles.

Legend of the Bat is anamorphic, but poor video quality. 5.1 and stereo audio tracks are available in both Chinese and English (4 audio tracks total). English subtitles are the only available subtitles.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have purchased both of these DVDs.

Just to clarify, the Death Duel release is definitely not anamorphic (despite the back of the case stating '16:9 WIDESCREEN'). It's 4:3 letterboxed. However, what is even more infuriating is the subtitles have moved further down the picture than the IVL release. What this means is if you have setup your player/television to properly zoom in on the picture, you will not be able to see the subtitles as they will appear below the screen. On the IVL release, the subtitles are located within the frame of the movie, so this is not an issue. Death Duel comes with 2 audio tracks: 5.1 and stereo, both in Chinese. No English dub. English subtitles are the only available subtitles.

Legend of the Bat is anamorphic, but poor video quality. 5.1 and stereo audio tracks are available in both Chinese and English (4 audio tracks total). English subtitles are the only available subtitles.

anyway to capture screen shots for us? i have the celestial region 3 release on those and had been thinking about getting them. but no point now at all it seems.

Sorry but I don't see anything exciting about the releases of 2 movies which were released many years ago by Celestial IVL. I guess it's the NTSC Region 1 for the USA market that makes it interesting for some. Personally, I see no interest at all in these re-releases.

Sorry but I don't see anything exciting about the releases of 2 movies which were released many years ago by Celestial IVL. I guess it's the NTSC Region 1 for the USA market that makes it interesting for some. Personally, I see no interest at all in these re-releases.

I would just hope for better picture quality from Well Go over the IVL version. But, it seems like the last 2 releases were not much of an improvement, if at all.

TRAIL OF THE BROKEN BLADE will have the english dub option but no dub for SHADOW BOXING . i already have the ausie version of TRAIL with dub but i may rebuy. have to decide.

thankyouforfu

Just to clarify, the Death Duel release is definitely not anamorphic (despite the back of the case stating '16:9 WIDESCREEN'). It's 4:3 letterboxed. However, what is even more infuriating is the subtitles have moved further down the picture than the IVL release. What this means is if you have setup your player/television to properly zoom in on the picture, you will not be able to see the subtitles as they will appear below the screen. On the IVL release, the subtitles are located within the frame of the movie, so this is not an issue...

Man, it's absolutely infuriating that they messed up the Death Duel release by putting the subtitles so damn low / outside of the picture frame. As theThirdMaster states, when the format is in 16:9 the subtitles are off the damn screen!

Thus, the viewer is forced to watch it in:

- 14:9, where the picture does not fill up the full horizontal view;

- slightly skewed in "super zoom", which is essentially 14:9 but stretches the edges of the screen to fill it horizontally; or

- widescreen [forced], but that looks absolutely terrible as the picture is essentially even across but smooshed

IIuXpq1.png

Are there any other releases out there where they do the same dumb thing??

Archived