Anyone know this movie? Revenger finds Jesus, basically

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

Anyone know this one? Guy sits in prison for years, then finally leaves ( I may be mistaken, but I think he kicks down the wall when they go to let him out, just to show he could, like "the Champion/Shanghai Lil and the Sunluck kid") And gets revenge on his enemies. suddenly, in the middle of a fight, towards the end, a white preacher who looks like Jesus tells him to forgive his enemies, and he more or less does, as I recall. Anyway, it showed for a week at the old Great Star in San Francisco in the early 70's.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoKUNGFUforYU

• odioustrident

• I Am Caine

• 66 Mantis

odioustrident

Heroic One / Inheritor of Kung Fu has a Christian missionary type in the final fight. The film has all kinds of continuity issues and may be cut for time... so maybe you saw a different version.

uDDLcGuEG3Q

The only early 70's film I can think of with a white missionary is Shaolin Quick Draw, but I'm not sure that guy is too interested in peace either. He has a Django style gatling gun hidden in a giant cross.

The 90's film Legend of the Liquid Sword has a Jesus type character too.

NoKUNGFUforYU

No, this one was a basher, similar to Sunluck kid. The Jesus looking dude was not a fighter, at all. He just sort of interrupts the hero in the middle of a fight/chase, and the hero has a spiritual awakening, I guess you would call it. I am pretty sure the writer and director were Christians. It was a low budget 70's effort. I imagine Taiwanese made.

odioustrident

Could very well be a Filipino film with those dates and the Christian aspect. There were a few of these bashers with US theatrical releases that we don't have copies of today... but I'm not sure how many. I will take a look at the ones we do have and see if Jesus makes a cameo.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I saw it at the Great Star (Shaw Brothers almost exclusively) Theater in San Francisco Chinatown, between 1975 and 1979. I doubt it was a Filipino production, but who knows? Rarely, they would show something outside of a Shaw Production. Bella Union showed First Films, Sun Sing, independents and the Pagoda Palace screened mostly Golden Harvest.

Killer Meteor

On 10/8/2013 at 4:53 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Anyone know this one? Guy sits in prison for years, then finally leaves ( I may be mistaken, but I think he kicks down the wall when they go to let him out, just to show he could, like "the Champion/Shanghai Lil and the Sunluck kid") And gets revenge on his enemies. suddenly, in the middle of a fight, towards the end, a white preacher who looks like Jesus tells him to forgive his enemies, and he more or less does, as I recall. Anyway, it showed for a week at the old Great Star in San Francisco in the early 70's.

Is this it?

indy-KF-article-chang-cheh-fury-in-storm

• Like 2