Okinawa Yakuza Wars

HAZ

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! Was in China for a Vacation/Chinese New Years Festival, and then went for a Toronto excursion. I've been in touch with agentzuk. He emailed me at my work address. Will be shipping for people who didn't get their copy tomorrow.

That means:

Karlos

Agentzuk

OAB

One Armed Boxer

I'll simply say that this is the 3rd time I've been notified of the DVD's being sent out. When they turn up in my mailbox, everything is cool.

I've had my money refunded by Haz - a very nice gesture and I'm happy to take back what I said.

No idea if a DVD is still on it's way - I certainly don't presume one is.

One Armed Boxer

I'm very happy to say that I can now declare this close to 5 month long saga closed. A package arrived yesterday with 'Okinawa Yakuza Wars', 'One Armed Magic Nun', & 'The Water Margin'. No 'One Armed Magic Nun' cover which I originally paid for, but considering HAZ refunded my money, this can hardly classify as a complaint.

I will say that there should be lessons learnt here. I'm all for these fan funded projects, made by fans for the fans, and despite my experience with HAZ in this instance, I'll still contribute to the work these guys do as I'm sure it takes a lot of effort to get it right.

However I think when you decide to take on one of these custom projects, you have to do it with the mindset of once the movie is completed and ready to be distributed, this is 50% of the work complete, not 100%. The other 50% is equally as important, and that's the customer service aspect of sending the movie out to the people who have already paid you, answering their queries in a timely manner should they have any, and just generally making sure that, as they're the ones who have funded your project, they aren't left feeling like they've been left out to dry and ripped off.

Both the Houndslow guys & HAZ have fallen victim to this mentality of, once declaring the movies have been sent out, it's ok to disappear off the face of the earth when it comes to any PM's or questions which have been raised on the forum, because they seem to think that their job is done. The fact that after all which was said both on the forums and over PM regarding this issue, the only communication HAZ made on the subject is not even a 2 line post in this very thread saying he'd been in China & Toronto doesn't mean anything, and is certainly not an excuse for the lack of contact.

The DVD's I've received look great, and I can't wait to watch them, I'm just hoping the quality of the movies will wash away the bad taste of the months I've now spent inquiring without any response about when I'll get them. You guys obviously put a lot of time and effort into making these custom DVD's, my wish is just that you don't devalue all that effort by souring the very people that you've made it for. My PM's and questions posted right here on the forum could have been answered in less than a minute, a simple "I'm overseas right now, shall post them when I get back in 2 weeks" would have sufficed, and I'd have been happy.

As it is though, thanks for finally sending them to me, and I'm grateful to have received them.

PS I've also posted this in the 'One Armed Magic Nun' and 'Sellers and Traders to Avoid' threads.

Archived