Skin Trade (Tony Jaa, Dolph Lundgren) (2014)

Jox

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony's "negotiation over" line is dubbed. I could swear his real voice was in the teaser trailer!

Edit: Checked teaser trailer again – dubbed there, too.

Unfortunately despite his taking English lessons his accent probably was too strong (and even this line I find hard to understand at first, it surprises me every time).

Opens in Thailand on April 23rd, premiere on the on the 22nd. The Thai release should be quite big (200 theatres).

10305958_1647656222122092_4751569404989241889_n.jpg?oh=f427e6ab32e72c00673084fa0dcc71fd&oe=55A9BCA9&__gda__=1434081570_42bc6c0b7b385021258ee1dda9de4d66

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Guess this is the best place to post this.

Sahamongkol still has its claws in Jaa, filing a court injunction to stop the release of FURIOUS 7 in Thai theaters next month. They want $49 million. Damn, I thought this had all been resolved.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/thailand-release-of-fast-7-halted-by-tony-jaa-contract-dispute-1201461388/

Aw man... :ooh: That's bad news.

Damn, I thought this had all been resolved.

I thought so too but from what I understand they keep coming back for more whenever they see an opportunity to interfere...

OpiumKungFuCracker

Whoa, baby!!! More action than before, more Dolph vs Jaa than before. White knuckle action coming full throttle baby!!!

Drunken Monk

I still don't think it looks great, but this trailer revved up my anticipation a little.

I still don't think it looks great, but this trailer revved up my anticipation a little.

this films is probably the one i am most looking forward to.

hopefully it lives up to that trailer as looks awesome.

Secret Executioner

These Thai character posters look really cool, though I must say I prefer the Tony Jaa one.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I can't believe this is coming to VOD!!!! I finally get to see a Tony Jaa vehicle since freaking Ong Bak 3. That was years ago!!!! Can't wait!!!

ShaOW!linDude
I can't believe this is coming to VOD!!!! I finally get to see a Tony Jaa vehicle since freaking Ong Bak 3. That was years ago!!!! Can't wait!!!

You never saw Tom Yum Goong 2/The Protector 2? I mean, if you didn't, it's probably for the best. The movie has some good moments, but ultimately it didn't meet my expectations.

One Armed Boxer
You never saw Tom Yum Goong 2/The Protector 2? I mean, if you didn't, it's probably for the best. The movie has some good moments, but ultimately it didn't meet my expectations.

I object! That's not a movie, it's a piece of crap.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Hah! which is why I stayed far and away from it. After I saw clips of that horribly dubbed light saber fight scenes with Crumb and Jeeja who hasn't been in a good movie since her debut in Chocalate??? Yeah, I think it's safe to say I'll pass on that one.

enjoyed warrior king 2. so do not agree with views on this site. Tony jaa is best on screen fighter currently in my opinion.

ShaOW!linDude
I object! That's not a movie, it's a piece of crap.

Yes, but it's a polished piece of crap...in 3D.:tongue:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Gotta admit, I was extremely disappointed when I first saw it, but enjoyed it a lot the second time.

Most of us expected a lot more from Tony Jaa, one of the most exciting and promising martial arts stars ever to hit the screen. In terms of what "could've/should've been" TOM YUM GOONG 2 is dismal. The plot, editing, and most of the acting is terrible, some of the action is over-the-top silly, and of course there's the abundance of poor CGI effects. Jaa didn't amaze us with any mind-blowing new moves either (for the most part). But here's the thing- if you look at this movie without all of your "could've/should've been" baggage, viewing it as a big, stupid action movie, it's got a hell of a lot of cool action. :nerd: If some unknown had delivered this kind of martial arts performance we'd likely all being ranting about "This incredible new talent!" and saying "Yeah, the movie is dumb, but there's a ton of outrageous action!" For me, I was able to let go, and do what I started out doing- enjoying these genre films for what they are, and appreciating the abilities of the martial artists. Crump's stuff alone is worth the price of admission!

So to people that skipped the film because of bad reviews or a clip they saw that they didn't like, I say give it a try. If any of you have ever enjoyed a JCVD, Chuck Norris, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, or Dolph Lundgren B-movie (I've enjoyed the films of all of them, except Wilson's), then consider this to be the greatest action choreographed film among that ilk. :bigsmile:

Looking forward to SKIN TRADE too.

Your very forgiving Bob!

I wouldnt watch it again if someone paid me...truly bad in so many ways i would rather spend my time watching something i have not seen. Have you seen Vengeance of an Assassin yet?

I also want to see vengeance of assassin .The action looks good and the story comes 2nd for me.

Tony jaa is my 2nd favourite fight behind hwang jang Lee. I feel a lot on here are harsh on him. As I feel only can depend on tony jaa, scott adkins and Donnie yen for delivering good martial arts action. Outside these lot hard to find many good ones

CGI stuff I do not care for. So whether good or bad does not bother me. I prefer no CGI and no wires if honest.

Anyway looking forward to skin trade . Easily the best trailer out of the descent ones for me.

Archived