Skin Trade (Tony Jaa, Dolph Lundgren) (2014)

Jox

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Jaa Official

"Boxed to Go" When you do a long jump down or a fall, a couple of layers of cardboard boxes are used for safety to break your fall. Here I am coming out of "my box" TJ

1617419_1461600570722673_867913152_o.jpg

Michael Jai White FB Official

Checking out the scenery

1614186_211388582391264_141053446_o.jpg

Tony Jaa Official

Sometimes you get a chance to soak up the glow. TJ

1912521_1462426077306789_1322485399_o.jpg

Ekachai Uekrongtham

What an inspired location! Been here shooting "Skin Trade" with Dolph Lundgren and Tony Jaa many nights in a row.

1939805_670501033008154_1069332486_o.jpg

ShaOW!linDude
Producer Mike Selby stated in an interview that they're aiming for a Spring 2015 release -

It's mid-February and this film's been in production for maybe a month and half. Can't believe this isn't due for another year. Crazy!

That's about the norm: 6-8 months of post-production (after it wraps in March) to complete the film, then a few more months hiatus before the release. But ultimately it depends which company lands the distribution rights and what they decide to do with it then. Nothing is set in stone yet...

Tony Jaa Official

Last night was awesome. We welcomed the arrival on the "Skin Trade" set of two real action legends. Peter Weller (Robocop) and Ron Perlman (Hellboy). What an honor to work with these two great gentlemen. TJ

"The Punisher and Hellboy". Two talented and terrific people Dolph Lundgren and Ron Perlman

1669696_1463204207228976_411367000_o.jpg

There will always only be one "Robocop", Peter Weller defined the role. Watching him work on the set of "Skin Trade" is like watching a great artist paint. TJ

1898783_1463204143895649_1748585438_o.jpg

Michael Jai White FB Official

Discussing a scene with Ron Perlman (Hellboy) and Skin Trade Director Ekachai.

1911170_211832955680160_276410660_o.jpg

Secret Executioner

Damn, had no clue the actor who portrayed Robocop in the original movies (the first one is great BTW) was still active. Cool to see him here.

And between the very cool updates and the cast, I hope this will live up to expectations (which have been keeping on getting greater lately).

Am I the only one who's trying to figure out things regarding the plot, what the story could be like - all based on the updates Jox offers ? :nerd:

Keep some room to enjoy the film and don't try too hard to figure out the entire plot! :wink:

Tony Jaa Official

I had a lot of fun at dinner tonight with Ron Perlman, great guy, great actor, great sense of humor and.... he is Hellboy. I loved that movie. TJ

1618314_1463758600506870_2041535998_o.jpg

Tony Jaa Official

I thought you would enjoy this cool shot of Ron Perlman in a secret conversation. TJ

1960813_1463570260525704_2057639812_o.jpg

Scott has mentioned in several interviews when asked who he'd like to do a fight scene with that Tony Jaa would be on his list of people to work with (along with Donnie Yen), hopefully we'll see something soon. :bigsmile:

That was just a friendly visit, I don't think there's room left for Adkins to appear in SKIN TRADE, or as an anonymous goon to terminate...

Tony Jaa Official

I love flying knees, but sometimes you have to soften things up a bit first. TJ

Photo from the set of "Skin Trade" now filming in Thailand and Canada

Note: Guys for those of you that don't like the gun, have a look around my page, plenty of photos of fight scenes in Skin Trade, but in this film I play a cop and from time to time cops carry guns and please don't complain about my elephant or else !! TJ

131388_1464527433763320_328457339_o.jpg

• Administrator

Okay, this picture is all an action fan needs to put a smile on their face. :bigsmile:

Just looking at these three together screams of somany cool possibilities. I sure hope Scott and Tony get to work together soon!

Apparently, Scott Adkins visited the set, leading his fan club to suspect a cameo...

uoeaAhD.jpg

Just out of interest is this an English language film, if so then does Jaa speak English?

It looks that way..I know Jaa has been practicing his English for quite some time now so he may just in fact, speak English in the film

OpiumKungFuCracker
Apparently, Scott Adkins visited the set, leading his fan club to suspect a cameo...

uoeaAhD.jpg

I'm not trying to sound gay or anything but Adkins looks fit.:tongue:

Noelle Shadow Kick

uoeaAhD.jpg

Anyone else think it's funny that they're hanging out drinking white wine? lol

Scott Adkins visiting the set.........all kinds of cool. Here's hoping for a cameo!! If not still awesome picture and I hope Jaa and Adkins find a project to work on together.

• Administrator
It looks that way..I know Jaa has been practicing his English for quite some time now so he may just in fact, speak English in the film

I heard him speaking a little English in a video recently and he sounded good. Much better than Jackie did in the early days.

I'm not trying to sound gay...

Too late. :neutral: Kidding! :wink:

...but Adkins looks fit.:tongue:

Yeah, the dude is super cool looking.

I tried to convince the Missus to watch NINJA 2 with me, but got the dreaded "I'm not in the mood to watch it now, but maybe some other time." Translation: "I will not be watching this ever." :xd: So I put it on while she's playing on her laptop and suddenly I hear "Whoa... uh, who's that guy? He's not bad looking."

Ah keep it to yourself! I'm trying to watch a movie. LOL :tongue:

Anyone else think it's funny that they're hanging out drinking white wine? lol

They're just regular dudes (that have killed hundreds of people on-screen). They enjoy the same things that we all do (in addition to elbowing people in their heads). Who doesn't enjoy a nice glass of white wine (after fighting ninjas while on fire)? :wink:

Scott Adkins visiting the set.........all kinds of cool. Here's hoping for a cameo!! If not still awesome picture and I hope Jaa and Adkins find a project to work on together.

Yeah man, I'm geeking out about this. But along the same lines of martial arts legends meeting in reel combat...Gorhama, have you looked through this whole thread? If not, let me tell you- Tony Jaa will be fighting Michael Jai White in this film!!!

BLACK DYNAMITE VS ONG-BAK! :nerd:

Can you dig it? I knew that you could! :bigsmile:

• Administrator

Let me try to wrap my film nerd mind around this... RoboCop, HellBoy, Black Dynamite, Ivan Drago, and Tony freakin Jaa all in one movie?! And with a set visit byYuri Boyka, no less! :nerd:

I apologize in advance- Sorry if my head explodes and I get some on you. :tongue:

And Shang Tsung from MORTAL KOMBAT in a supporting role (Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa) and young chick Shado from the ARROW series (Celina Jade).... ;-)

1796067_1466599920222738_963061022_o.jpg

1900200_1477152719172444_1595885346_o.jpg

Secret Executioner
I apologize in advance- Sorry if my head explodes and I get some on you. :tongue:

No problem. Just do it Scanners-style. :tongue:

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

Archived